Young Professional Board Member
The Store Young Professionals Board operates as a sub-committee of The Store’s Board of Directors and consists of young professionals in Nashville through the ages of 21-40. Members have made outstanding contributions to the community and have an interest in and commitment to advancing the impact of The Store. Members are selected through a blind application review and finalists will be moved onto an interview process each year.
- Active service for a 2-year term
- Attend scheduled quarterly YP Board meetings (75% attendance required)
- Serve as an ambassador for The Store in the community and on social media
- Promote events and the Store’s work to your friends and networks
- Serve on at least one committee
- Make a yearly pledge to The Store (of any amount)
- Help the Store acquire In-kind donations for its events and programmatic work
- Volunteer for the Store during shopping hours, service fairs, YP events, and larger Store events
Qualified prospects will have made outstanding contributions to the community and have an interest in and commitment to advancing the impact of The Store. Target skill sets for YP Board members include one or more of the following: social media, marketing, web design, branding, event logistics/management, fundraising, DEI work, nutrition/food insecurity, social service work, and food industry experience.
As a member of the YP Board, you will:
- Gain valuable experience in nonprofit leadership.
- Directly contribute to our mission of providing dignified, healthy food choices to our neighbors.
- Collaborate with a dedicated community of young professionals striving for community transformation.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 26, 2024
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Board Leadership