The Authors Workshop is a writing workshop for teens (TAW) who love to write or are interested in learning more about writing. During the workshop, teens will be introduced to the writing styles of poetry, article writing, short stories, and playwrights. Sessions will include icebreaker activities, free writing, progressive stories, team-building, read-alouds, group discussion, and a guest speaker presentation. At the end of the workshop, participants will contribute their work to a published anthology. After the anthology is published, participants will be invited to do a public reading and book signing.
- Facilitate sessions on creative writing for poetry, article writing, playwriting, short story, and collaborative writing.
- Evaluate student learning and engagement based on student performance.
- Research, coordinate, and manage instructional content for lesson plans.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- or working towards a bachelor’s.
Experience working with and/or teaching youth, 12-18 years old.
How to Apply
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: November 7, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/01/2023
- Salary Range: $20 per hour
- Working Hours: Twice a week for 2 hours