Tennessee Justice Center
WIC Partnership and Outreach Coordinator
Tennessee Justice Center
WIC Partnership and Outreach Coordinator Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 26 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access the basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our mission?
We are hiring a WIC Partnership and Outreach Coordinator to build and cultivate strategic relationships with partner organizations across the state as part of our WIC Community Innovation and Outreach initiative. If you consider yourself a skilled networker and are a creative thinker who is highly organized, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
A typical day might look like this:
- Developing and implementing a thorough outreach plan that educates families with children and pregnant women about the Special Supplemental Nutrition for Women, Infants & Children (WIC) program
- Proactively sourcing and building relationships with state-wide community organizations, healthcare professionals, childcare centers, and others to help increase participation in the WIC program
- Maintain regular communication with partners and coalition group members
- Coordinating attending, presenting, and distributing materials at various in-person community outreach events and collecting referrals to share with the Nutrition team
- Supporting the Nutrition team by taking calls, interviewing, and completing applications
- Creating resources about WIC
- Traveling across the state and attending regular community events
- Assisting with surveys and focus groups to diverse populations about their experience with the WIC program
This position might be for you if:
- You speak Spanish
- You have never met a stranger and enjoy interacting with people daily
- You have dogged determination and sound judgment
- You are self-motivated but enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
- You are a great communicator and active listener This position is an even better fit if:
- You have at least four years of experience connecting community members to available resources
- You have a working knowledge of the WIC program and how best to navigate it on behalf of others
- You are proficient and comfortable working in Salesforce® or an equivalent data management system, such as Excel
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, a competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including paid time off, ten paid holidays, paid parental leave, retirement plan contribution, and high-quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Outreach Coordinator” in the email’s subject line.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
This position is contingent upon TJC being awarded grant funding.
- Date Posted: April 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Service Area: Social / Human Services