Family & Children's Service
Wendy’s Wonderful Kids (WWK) Adoption Recruiter
Family & Children's Service
The Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter will connect youth who wait for permanent homes with families who wish to adopt by implementing and coordinating effective recruitment, matching and support services for a caseload of 12-15 youth in active recruitment status. The recruiter will use the evidence-based child-focused recruitment model to identify legally permanent resources for youth in the full guardianship of the state who are primarily older, have special needs and/or are part of a sibling group.
***SOME TRAVEL WITHIN THE MEMPHIS AREA REQUIRED***
- Work in partnership with agency staff to identify youth for referrals to the WWK program.
- Review the case record, interview the youth, caseworker, other agency staff with knowledge of the case and any available family members and/or other supportive connections to assist in the recruitment process.
- Utilize internet search tools to identify and locate resources within the youth’s network.
- Develop an initial written adoption readiness assessment describing the youth’s understanding and feelings about adoption.
- Create child-focused recruitment plans for the youth.
- Meet with the youth on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with the caseworker on a monthly basis to review the progress of the recruitment plan.
- Meet with family members and supportive connections to discuss the progress of locating permanent resources for the youth.
- Once matched, work with the caseworker, youth and the adoptive resource to ensure preplacement visits are implemented
- Assist with the development and coordination of the transition plan with the youth and matched family. Work with the youth and family during the transition process to assist with placement support.
- Work in conjunction with the caseworker to ensure that the adoptive family is working towards adoption finalization.
- Attend educational opportunities provided by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption including, but not limited to: WWK classroom training, online modules, database training, webinars, and the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Summit hosted by the Foundation
- Submit monthly data in the WWK database.
- Develops an expanding repertoire of outreach and therapeutic skills, including differential use of self, knowledge of community resources & ability to procure needed social and material resources, facilitating community referrals for service as needed, & expertise in life book work and group work
- Develops expanding ability to recognize the impact of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, social class, environment, or religion.
- Adheres to the Marketing and Promotional Style Guide provided by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
- Qualifications for the WWK Recruiter include relevant experience in child welfare including knowledge of issues surrounding foster care, adoption, trauma, medical and developmental needs and the importance of legal permanency are recommended as well as familiarity with state child welfare rules and procedures and the juvenile and/or probate court systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with two years post graduate direct experience required, MSW preferred.
- Expertise in providing family support/excellent customer service.
- Ability and willingness to travel with flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Computer literacy and efficiency with MS Office software.
This position is benefits eligible. We offer medical, vision, and dental coverage. 401k and 401k matching. Generous vacation time, sick leave, and parental leave.
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 43,260
- Working Hours: 40 hour work week