Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Volunteer Resource Specialist
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Responsible for exceptional education and support for all adult volunteers by providing effective resources, comprehensive training, dynamic events, and exceptional communication. The specialist will ensure all materials, information and trainers exceed the standards outlined in the Council Plan of Work. This position will be responsible for creating new training that contributes to both new and tenured volunteers. Additionally, the Specialist will serve as a front-line point of contact on a daily basis for all volunteer inquiries and needs.
- Create and implement year-round training & support opportunities for adult volunteers, including First Aid and CPR, while working to create and implement new training opportunities for both new and tenured volunteers. Assists and supports all other Council Trainings.
- Maintain a level of expertise necessary to be considered a content expert on the entire troop leader and volunteer experience within Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Respond to volunteer requests for information via telephone, email, and walk-in inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Recruit, train and support new trainers and ensure current staff is up to date.
- Maintain full proficiency in the organization’s registration software system to serve as a knowledge base for volunteers.
- Analyze feedback and volunteer insights to implement effective retention strategies.
- Evaluate, assess and recommend modifications to volunteer support structures and processes on an ongoing basis as necessary.
- Independently develop, plan, and execute small to medium scale volunteer events while assisting in development and execution of large-scale events.
- Track volunteer training engagement data and coordinate with fund development as necessary.
- Manage all aspects of the Girl Scout Adult Awards process, including application submissions, reviews, and award ceremonies.
- Ensure that all Volunteer training records are maintained.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop materials, guides, and training for leaders and volunteers.
- Become the Council subject matter expert on First Aid/CPR including maintaining CPR/First Aid Instructor certification.
- Utilize technology effectively to provide synchronous and asynchronous training opportunities that ensure access to all volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Troop Resource inventory and oversee the reservation process.
- Accept additional responsibilities and perform other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough Girl Scout knowledge and experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Belief in the purpose, values and mission of the Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Health, dental and vision program with health savings account. 403B with employer match. PTO and paid holidays. Other benefits available.
How to Apply
Please resume including cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letter must include salary requirement.
- Date Posted: October 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/15/2022
- Salary Range: $40,000-$43,000
- Working Hours: 35hrs/wk