American Red Cross
Volunteer Recruitment Rep based in Chattanooga
American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Volunteer Recruitment Representative to support our Tennessee region and work out of our Chattanooga office. Weekly travel across Eastern Tennessee is expected for DAY TRIPS. There may be occasional overnight travel pre-approved by the supervisor. This position supports volunteer recruitment across three chapters.
This is not a work-from-home position.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE will implement and execute volunteer programs and services to further the recruitment and engagement of volunteers. Assist with screenings, referrals, and placement of prospective volunteers to effectively support goals and ensure placement of sufficient numbers of volunteers to meet operational needs within the assigned area. May serve as liaison to internal partners and external organizations. Provide support, development, and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Create and utilize comprehensive recruitment strategies to meet assigned volunteer recruitment metrics, effectively support goals, and ensure the placement of sufficient numbers of volunteers to meet operational needs. Emphasis is placed on geography, skill sets, availability, and leadership experience with a focus on diverse populations.
- Actively engage in direct, focused, targeted volunteer recruiting through various resource pools, networks, and social media with a focus on diverse populations.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies or organizations, market segments, and other populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs. This may include leveraging recruitment venues, in-person presentations, social media campaigns, and identifying user groups and professional associations that could lead to qualified candidates.
- Partner with internal staff to strengthen existing relationships within the community identify and evaluate prospective new volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships and conduct general and targeted outreach and recruiting activities to obtain bi-lingual volunteer applicants tracked to referral and approval.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
Preferred Latino/Spanish speaking (not required)
Skills & Abilities: Ability to work on a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively. Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Knowledge of volunteer programs and policies is preferred.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to the description’s minimum education and general experience years combined.
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you balance your home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance your learning.
- Medical and dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with a 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
How to Apply
Applicants will only be considered through our submission website:
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/08/2024
- Working Hours: Occasional weekend or evening, but regular office hours, i.e. M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.