Hands On Nashville
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Hands On Nashville
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator inspires and engages volunteers while representing Hands On Nashville throughout the city. A successful Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will create exceptional impact by enlisting thousands of people each year to serve with 160 partner agencies, increasing their capacity to help Nashville and its residents thrive.
The successful candidate will be comfortable speaking with people of all ages and backgrounds and will be talented at communicating via email, phone, and in person. They will enjoy getting to know new people and be energized by actively inviting their neighbors to volunteer and participate in the community. They will also need strong organizational, event planning, and outreach skills to lead Hands On Nashville’s in-person engagement efforts.
- Conduct activities that promote volunteer and national service recruitment and retention, including representing HON at community events and conducting presentations to community groups
- Enlist and supervise volunteers for citywide initiatives
- Implement strategic initiatives to reduce disparities in volunteerism
- Assist potential volunteers with identifying meaningful service activities and help court-ordered volunteers meet their requirements
- Identify volunteer opportunities for Hands On Connect
- Help small groups connect to service opportunities
- Manage monthly volunteer orientation
- Develop a team of volunteer brand ambassadors to assist with community events
- Assist with executing events like Nashville Volunteer Week and the Mary Catherine Strobel Volunteer Awards
- Prepare for and participate in disaster response activities
- Provide volunteer leadership and support for disaster response activities, corporate projects and special events, as needed
- Collaborate on the creation promotional, social media content, and other story-telling needs
- Participate in community volunteer activities to improve understanding of the volunteer experience and community needs
- Participate in staff team-building and professional development activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of one year experience in community engagement
- Ability to quickly connect with new people
- Knowledge and understanding of Nashville, its people and neighborhoods
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with exceptional customer service sense
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Superior scheduling and calendar management skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Effective skills for mentoring volunteers, interns, and national service members
- Salesforce, CRM experience, or aptitude for quickly learning new technologies
Minimum Requirements (create subheading)
- Bachelor’s degree or three years of professional experience
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- May require standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Bending and stooping required to set up presentation tables
- Ability to pass National Service Criminal History Check, including state, federal, and sex offender databases.
- Reliable transportation for both regular work hours, community activities, and special events. This role will rarely be in one place the whole day. Staff members are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to work increased hours in times of disaster.
HON believes that Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together and does not discriminate based on any factor that denies a candidate’s essential humanity.
- Some remote work flexibility for staff members with satisfactory performance
- Fun and dynamic team environment
- Silver-Level Health Insurance Paid by Employer
- Annual Organizational HSA Contribution
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, with 1% match vested at 3 years
- Low-Cost Vision, Dental, and Aflac Supplemental Coverage Available
How to Apply
Email your resume and a note describing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: January 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 03/01/2023
- Salary Range: 42,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week; may include some nights and weekends