United Way of Greater Nashville
VITA Woodbine Site Coordinator – Seasonal
United Way of Greater Nashville
Job title: Woodbine Site Coordinator, VITA (Seasonal)
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: VITA Regional Manager, Northeast
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, up to 29hrs/week, up to 16 weeks
Position Summary: The Woodbine VITA Site Coordinator contributes to the efforts of the United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by managing the VITA site located at Woodbine Community Organization. This position is responsible for working with UWGN staff for the coordination of free tax preparation by IRS-certified volunteers. The work of the Woodbine VITA Site Coordinator helps support our VITA Coalition to fulfill UWGN’s mission: to unite the community and mobilize resources so that every child, individual, and family thrives.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Coordinate a free tax preparation site to serve low to moderate income taxpayers in Nashville and the surrounding counties.
- Working with the UWGN Staff, ensure the VITA site location appropriately meets the needs of the taxpayers, volunteers, and library staff. Participate in and attend meetings related to VITA. Establish site hours of operation.
- Recruit, train, and supervise IRS-certified volunteers to support the VITA Site operations. Maintain current contact and service hour records for volunteers, including form 13614.
- Follow IRS protocols and procedures as found in Publication 5088, Site Coordinator’s Training manual.
- Successfully pass IRS site visits and inspections as found in Publication 5166.
- Available onsite at all times the VITA Site is in operation, as well as opening and closing the Site.
- Responsible for security of UWGN and IRS equipment and supplies.
- Foster and maintain a positive relationship with Woodbine Community Organization staff to ensure open communication and solid programming.
- Achieve the following IRS certifications prior to opening the Site: Volunteer Standards of Conduct; Intake Interview/Quality Review; Advanced certification; and Site Coordinator certification.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Associates Degree or higher preferred
1-2 years of volunteer management or supervision, tax preparation, project management, accounting, bookkeeping or related work
Volunteer management or supervision of others
Working with diverse populations
Moderate computer skills
Ability to learn and adapt
Familiar with federal personal income taxes
Achieve the following IRS certifications prior to opening the Site: Volunteer Standards of Conduct; Intake Interview/Quality Review; Advanced certification; and, Site Coordinator certification. Additional certifications (Military and Foreign Student) are encouraged.
Excellent organization and time management
Willingness to adapt and learn
Attention to detail
Ability to multi-task
Teamwork, both leading and being a member of a team
Effective written and verbal communication
Comfortable learning and then teaching new platforms, software, procedures
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Planned hours:
- Remote: Fri 6hrs & Sun 12-6p
- In-person: Mon 8:30-1:30, Wed 8:30-2:30, Sat 8:30-4
- Half-hour break each day
- Subject to change based on volunteer availability and volume of returns.
- Employee spends a lot of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor.
- Requires the employee to work externally in the community at times. This requires the employee to be able to drive to different locations.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, and balance.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perform repetitive hand/wrist motions.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salary.
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: December 13, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 01/03/2023
- Working Hours: Varies