Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
Vice President of Philanthropic Services
Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
Job Description: The Vice President for Philanthropic Services will develop and lead CFMT’s work creating and strengthening relationships with individuals and institutions in the community. Their overarching goal is to drive the growth of new funds; inspire and connect existing donors with community investment opportunities; and connect regularly with professional financial and estate advisors, sharing CFMT’s value proposition of tailored support services and deep community leadership.
An integral member of the executive leadership team, this position defines the Foundation’s overall strategic direction and priorities along with serving as a spokesperson to enhance CFMT’s visibility in the philanthropic community.
- Develop and deliver strategies to inspire greater philanthropic giving that makes a difference in the communities served by the Foundation.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO and Board to develop and articulate overall strategy and goals for fundholder cultivation and engagement.
- Provide inspiring servant leadership for the Philanthropic Services team, setting clear expectations and performance standards, team building, facilitating and monitoring department goals and objectives, preparing written evaluations, and assisting staff with personal development plans.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and staff the Board philanthropy committee.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to develop compelling messaging and stories that inspire and demonstrate the power of philanthropy.
- Work with the Community Investments team to create options and strategies for fundholders to consider compelling opportunities for co-investment.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the work of CFMT before audiences that have the potential to give or influence giving.
- Plan and administer the budget for the Philanthropic Services department.
- Serve as a member of CFMT’s executive leadership team.
Fundholder Relationship Development:
- Lead fund development efforts by identifying and cultivating prospective fundholders, maintaining relationships with existing fundholders, and overseeing initiatives to enhance engagement and satisfaction.
- Educate and engage with professional advisors and their firms to support their client services for philanthropic solutions and strategies that meet their client’s goals.
- Lead the development of compelling programming of fundholder events and opportunities to become engaged with the Foundation and the greater Nashville community.
- Oversee the development and stewardship of planned giving and a planned giving society that provides the Foundation with endowed funds for specific community impact purposes.
- Help develop engaging philanthropic vehicles that increase opportunities for fundholders to meaningfully learn about and contribute to the issues they care about.
- Communicate the value of an investment in CFMT to a broad array of constituents ranging from existing fundholders to new and untapped growth markets including new residents, businesses, and emerging family foundations.
- Establish measurable outcomes for fundholder acquisition, retention, and satisfaction.
Desired experience and leadership style: The qualified candidate would ideally have 10+ years of successful fundraising leadership and/or providing financial advisory services with high net-worth individuals. He/she will also have experience in successfully leading and coaching others to meet their goals.
Specific characteristics desired:
- The natural ability to comfortably connect and influence individuals, regardless of background or circumstances.
- A demonstrated curiosity to remain current in industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships quickly.
- Strong organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- A strong commitment to cross-departmental collaboration and continuous improvement.
- The ability to envision and describe the long-term future of the organization.
- Full commitment to CFMT’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to maintain composure in a changing environment.
- Able to manage tasks and remain focused in an open office environment.
- Comfortable in an office environment that is accessible to the community and hosts frequent gatherings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn other software programs.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and complete projects.
Benefits: PTO; Paid federal holidays; Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
How to Apply
Send an introductory email highlighting your specific qualifications and your resume to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 5, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 02/01/2024
- Working Hours: M-F 8:30am - 4:30pm