Nashville Rescue Mission
Vice President, Finance
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Vice President of Finance to join our Senior Leadership Team. This position provides strategic leadership and operational oversight of all Finance Department’s programs and services, ensuring that the mission and critical objectives are fulfilled. Key responsibilities include planning, management, administrative responsibilities, and implementing/analyzing all strategies that will produce an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards, and goal attainment. Upholds Nashville Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Responsible for the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization.
- Day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, including treasury and risk management functions for the organization.
- Directly assists the President/CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
- Contributes and works within Nashville Rescue Mission’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals.
- Directs all financial management, accounting, and treasury functions including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and monthly financial statements reporting.
- Provides financial leadership for Nashville Rescue Mission’s leadership team to develop and communicate the financial strategy of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains effective financial systems and internal control environments.
- Effectively communicates financial results, forecasts, and budgets to the Board and Mission leadership team.
- Directs activities to ensure adequate accounting and safekeeping of assets/records; manages relationships with insurance and risk management providers.
- Manages the Database Services/Information Systems department to ensure effective and efficient processing systems, controls, and infrastructure are in place to accomplish organizational goals.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, and development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state, and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Serves as one of the Administrators and oversees the administration and financial reporting of the organization’s 403(b) Thrift Plan.
- Responsible for developing and submitting Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budgets to Executive Management. Works with the President/CEO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Attends Board and Committee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit and Finance Committees.
- Oversees the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive Management, as well as the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversees the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Provides leadership in the development of the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Manages activities and relationships with external auditors and tax accountants.
- Provides organizational support activities in the evaluation, development, and implementation of operational internal controls to ensure operational/transactional processing systems are properly controlled ensuring data integrity, completeness, and timeliness.
- Liaisons with auditing firm on annual audits and other audit-related matters
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of all federal and state tax and financial reports
Any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in financial management.
- Must hold the Certified Public Accountant designation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of financial principles and practices in non-profit organizations 501(c)(3).
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing financial systems and procedures that allow an organization to operate efficiently.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to analyze data for budgeting, operations, auditing, accounts receivable and reserve analysis, and pro forma preparation.
- Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial issues/problems.
- Skill in evaluating operations as they relate to operational and financial performance.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb stairs, push, and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Excellent reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to qualify as a Designated Mission Vehicle Driver under Nashville Rescue Mission’s insurance policy
- Valid driver’s license
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3-year period or more than one accident in a 1-year period
- Proof of insurance on personal vehicle (current)
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of employees’ earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to those who are hungry, hurting, and experiencing homelessness.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping those who are hungry and experiencing homelessness. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: January 12, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.