Greater Nashville Regional Council
Transportation Planning Manager/ MPO Coordinator
Greater Nashville Regional Council
GNRC was established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced professional to manage the transportation planning program within its Department of Community and Regional Planning. GNRC facilitates the development of regional plans for transportation, solid waste, economic development, and a growing list of additional topics. At the local level, GNRC provides staffing support to municipal and county planning commissions and develops local comprehensive plans on a fee-for-service basis.
The Transportation Planning Manager serves as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Coordinator for the Nashville Area MPO and represents GNRC in planning activities conducted by the TN Department of Transportation and neighboring MPOs and Rural Planning Organizations.
Specific duties of the Transportation Planning Manager include:
- Supervise the transportation planning activities of staff and consultant partners;
- Facilitate the development of the federally-required documents including the Unified (Transportation) Planning Work Program, Transportation Improvement Program, and Regional Transportation Plan;
- Monitor and disseminate the latest information related to state and federal laws, regulations, proposed rulemaking, and legislation that could impact transportation planning requirements or expectations;
- Participate in industry associations and continuing education opportunities to remain current on emerging and best practices related transportation policymaking, planning, data and analytics, and stakeholder engagement;
- Build and strengthen partnerships with planning partners including elected officials, public agencies, business groups, universities and research institutions, community-based non-profit organizations, and advocates;
- Assist the Planning Director in performing various administrative duties related to the management and professional development of program staff;
- Work with GNRC management to ensure programs and initiatives stay coordinated across the organization; and
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Planning Director or Executive Director.
Qualifications: The candidate must have practical experience in the preparation of federally-required metropolitan transportation plans and programs. A master’s degree in community and regional planning or a related field is required, along with at least four years of professional experience, two of which must include supervisory duties. A bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience may be substituted for the master’s degree. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Travel Expectations: This position will require regular travel throughout the Middle Tennessee area. A valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation is required.
Compensation and Benefits: The starting pay rate will be subject to experience and qualifications. GNRC offers a fully paid pension through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System and provides a dollar for dollar match to a 401k up to 3% of gross salary. Full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement, Etc.
Remote Work Policy: While GNRC provides flexibility for remote/hybrid working conditions, this is not a remote position. The selected candidate will be expected to work from the GNRC office with regularity.
How to Apply
If Interested please go to www.gnrc.org/jobs to apply
Position open until filled.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: May 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm