POSITION: Full Time Regular—Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director of Behavioral Health
Are you passionate about your work, but need the support and flexibility to sustain your personal life and responsibilities? Are you seeking an opportunity to grow your skills as a therapist? Are you excited to work with a team of mental health professionals focused on growth and professional development in the field while also serving some of the coolest clients you’ll ever meet? Do you enjoy working with clients and coworkers of diverse backgrounds and want to be in an environment that both challenges and supports you?
Nashville CARES is seeking candidates with a diversity of work and life experience provide individual, couples, and group to people living with HIV. The ideal candidate will have prior experience providing mental health services to individuals and groups and operates from a trauma-informed lens. Our goal is to maintain a supportive working environment for staff while also delivering excellent service to our clients. At Nashville CARES, we believe just as strongly in an actual work-life balance as we do in our mission statement and are seeking candidates who feel as strongly about that as we do. If you love supporting the team you work with, have a good sense of humor, believe in the importance of meeting clients where they are, and hope to grow with an organization in your next role, this might be the position for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of clinical services on-site, off-site, and via telehealth to include: mental health and addiction treatment services, biopsychosocial assessments, treatment planning, individual and couples counseling, group facilitation, & crisis intervention
- Provide trauma-informed clinical services & participate in programs to support agency-wide implementation of trauma-informed care
- Identify, establish, and/or maintain contact with key social service providers in the community, specific to mental health & addiction treatment, with a focus on linking HIV+ individuals who are not currently accessing community-based services
- Prepares and maintains necessary client records and reports in accordance with licensing, insurance, and accreditation standards and agency policies/procedures
- Participates in weekly individual and group clinical supervision
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related area
- State of Tennessee behavioral health licensure, such as LMSW, LCSW, MFT, LMFT, LPC-temp, or LPC – or license eligible within the first 90 days of employment
- Minimum of 2-years social service experience and/or 1-year relevant graduate-level internship experience
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with populations who have a high prevalence of mental illness, trauma and substance use.
- Demonstrated relationship skills to engage current and/or potential clients in Behavioral Health services
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Four years social service experience related to: HIV/AIDS, co-occurring disorders, substance use, sexual identity issues, grief/loss, trauma, or crisis intervention
- Training in evidence-based trauma interventions
- Experience providing behavioral health services utilizing telehealth platforms
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Therapist – Nashville, TN 37204 – Indeed.com
- Date Posted: April 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 42,000 -45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk