Studio Tenn Theatre Company
Theatre Technical Director
Studio Tenn Theatre Company
Do you want to put your creative mind to great use by supporting the local theatre scene? Do you thrive on connecting the technical aspects of a production with motivating a team of bring art to life? Studio Tenn’s vision is to transform the theater into a Tony Award-winning regional theatre company where artistry and community take stage. Does this interest you? If so, your next job opportunity is waiting for you – come join us for Studio Tenn is actively recruiting for our next Technical Director.
ABOUT THE STUDIO TENN
Studio Tenn is a professional regional theatre company and a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Franklin, Tennessee. Its programming centers around innovative, custom-designed presentations of classic plays and musicals as well as an original “Legacy” series of theatrical concerts celebrating the work of time-honored musicians. Our Mission is Studio Tenn exists to captivate and inspire with Broadway-quality musicals, plays, and concerts while educating the next generation to create and delight in the experience of live theatre. We value:
- We prioritize the utilization of top tier local and regional talent.
- We remain committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality as drivers of the creative process.
- We engage Williamson County residents and the Middle Tennessee community at large in conversations around the arts as a reflection of life.
The Technical Director is responsible for the lighting, sound, staging and set designs technical operations of Studio Tenn’s productions including lighting, sounds, set design and construction, props and costumes as well as production logistics. Position partners with Executive Director and Production Director to technical elements to fruition.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Interpret digital set designs; updating and questioning technical components seeking external expertise as necessary.
- Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates and then communicate, deploy, schedule and manage technical team to see design from conception through to production.
- Consult with all clients and partners of the theatre facility on a variety of topics including set design, monitoring, setups, load-ins / load-outs, rehearsals, and performance requirements for scenic, sounds, and lighting design
- Supervise and assists with set and stage construction, logistics and management
- Maintain budget accountability for technical production components and communicate variances to Executive Director; recommend capital improvement purchases.
- Supervise and direct technicians, contract personnel and volunteers to effectively manage production scheduling needs and assign work as appropriate.
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and preventative maintenance of stage facilities and equipment.
- Monitors Tech Week rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the mounting of the show.
- In conjunction with the AD and production manager, determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum five (5) years professional technical theater experience with at least two (2) years’ in a managerial role.
Other Qualifications: Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite. AutoCad and Vectorworks preferred. General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends. The Studio Tenn offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
Studio Tenn offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: May 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: 45,000 - 55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week