Eakin Care Program
Summer Day Camp Counselor
Eakin Care Program
Eakin Care Program (ECP) is looking for enthusiastic team members who love working with elementary age children. Located in Nashville’s Hillsboro-West End neighborhood, Eakin Care Program’s Summer Camp is a day camp that focuses on having fun through various activities, including arts and crafts, organized games, and weekly special guests. ECP is open to elementary age children, ages 5 – 11. ECP will be operating this summer during the month of July and the first week of August.
- Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of summer camp participants.
- Lead and supervise a group of up to 18 elementary age children.
- Plan and implement daily art projects and organized games for your assigned group.
- Assist with snack preparation.
All staff are given time to plan and prepare their art and game activities during the month of May and June. Staff will also be trained during this time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully pass a background check prior to hiring.
- Experience working with school aged children a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to interact in a polite and productive manner with a diverse age group.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoys working with school age children.
- Seasonal summer position
- Up to 40 hours a week.
- Pay starts at $14/hour.
- Elementary age childcare fringe benefit available.
- Gain experience working with youth.
- Gain leadership and activity planning skills.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Christina Bailey, Assistant Director, at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: March 13, 2023
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/01/2023