Nashville Software School
Student Services / Bookkeeper
Nashville Software School
Nashville Software School is a nonprofit focused on providing motivated students who have aptitude the opportunity to learn relevant technology skills. NSS is committed to growing diversity in technology by opening the door to underrepresented groups in tech irrespective of their economic situation. This is a full-time “remote-first” position (40 hours per week) in a lively environment with a high volume of tasks and student/prospect interactions, and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Updating and reconciliation of financial reports between software systems
- Verifying transactions are appropriately entered and classified correctly
- Understanding our invoicing flow; creating and processing invoices
- Reviewing accounts receivable and take action to encourage payments
- Updating, handling and filing of student records from admission to graduation and beyond
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Experience with QuickBooks and GAAP accounting principles
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and implement systems to accomplish necessary tasks with precision and accuracy
- Problem solving approach/analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Nonprofit experience and/or higher education a plus
- Excellent communication skills; always a student-first approach
- Experience in a collaborative/team environment; ready to step in and help get the job done
NSS offers a generous paid time off policy, medical, vision, dental and life insurance; retirement matching.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume that speak directly to this position to email@example.com.
We review applications on a rolling basis and will respond within 5 business days, usually sooner. We look forward to hearing from you!
Nashville Software School (NSS) is a nonprofit vocational school. Nonprofits are pretty rare in the coding bootcamp world. In fact, there are only a handful of other nonprofit coding bootcamps in the US. We were the first.
NSS is in the opportunity business. Our goal is to open the door to tech careers for as many individuals in middle Tennessee and the southeastern U.S. as there are junior tech jobs. Additionally, we place an emphasis on opening doors for individuals from under-represented groups who may have never realized that a tech career was an option for them. We also emphasize helping adults from an economically disadvantaged background, who are financially fragile, and/or are underemployed.
Founded in 2012, we are one of the longest-running coding bootcamps in the country. In September 2022, we surpassed 2000 graduates with a placement rate (in field) over 90%.
Our team members put students first. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace feedback from students and colleagues, and are willing to jump in and help each other.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in new perspectives and experiences. Just as we are committed to helping improve the diversity of the Nashville tech talent pool, we are eager to further diversify our team.
- Date Posted: February 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F