Statewide Top Manager
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity. All of our work is also firmly rooted in the evidence-based principles of Positive Youth Development and Trauma-Informed Care.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Statewide TOP Manager
Summary: Seeking individual with experience and skill as a trainer and/or group facilitator to join a team working to enrich the lives and support the development of adolescents in state custody. With other team members, will provide training for front line staff across the state in support of their use of an evidence-based social emotional learning model; Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program (TOP).
- Along with providing training in the TOP model, duties include 1) follow-up coaching and other support to ensure high quality implementation of TOP, 2) relationship building with numerous external partners, and 3) compliance monitoring via data and on-site observations.
- A commitment to the wellbeing of marginalized youth, creativity, an eagerness to work collaboratively with fellow team members, and an ability to relate well to front line staff as well as managers at external agencies are important for success in this position.
- Promote TOP, youth development and service-learning youth programming with TN stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of a plan for enhancing community support for the programs.
- Represent the agency and TOP through presentations and workshops.
- Participate in and assist with staff and program development.
- Provide appropriate observation, staff coaching, and support to ensure implementation of the TOP program with fidelity.
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience. Training experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth –including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and Knowledge and ability to identify authentic opportunities for youth to contribute to their community.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic adult learning and group work principles.
- Knowledge and ability to apply science-based prevention principals.
- Knowledge and ability to apply cultural diversity sensitivity to service delivery.
- Evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Experience with child welfare or juvenile corrections and facility with communications via social media (IG) are a plus, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Health Insurance
- Free employee dental and vision coverage.
- Paid paternal leave
- 401K match up to 3%
- 12 Paid Holiday’s
- Free LTD & Life Insurance Policy
How to Apply
Please send both a cover letter and resume to Linda Copeland – email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 45K-52K