Catholic Charities of TN
Staff Accountant – New Americans Program
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Staff Accountant for the Financial Services and Contract Compliance. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
The Staff Accountant applies principles of Generally Acceptable Accounting Practices (GAAP) to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to maintain the general ledger.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and fund balance, and assists in preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for management.
- Assists in installing, modifying, and coordinating implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Review and post monthly invoices and financial reports for Tennessee Office of Refugee sub-grantee partners.
- Sub-Grantee Monitoring with statewide travel.
- Cross trains with other staff in preparing invoices to State, Federal, and other reporting agencies.
- Perform and analyze various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reviews accounts payable vouchers and cash receipts for coding and proper approval.
- Review various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reviews Agency credit card, sends out cardholder statements, reconcile receipts to statements and post to general ledger.
- Reviews New Americans Department data and prepares monthly invoices for funders.
- Assists New Americans Department Director and other staff in all financial matters.
- Supervises and facilitates all financial monitoring and other obligations of the programs assigned.
- Aids in preparing bi-annual budgets.
- Aids in annual audit for overall agency.
- Flexibility in work schedule may be necessary during month end close.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or high school diploma with a minimum of 5 years general ledger experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel application required.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Knowledge of Financial Edge preferred.
- Experience in working with Paylocity payroll software a plus.
- Grant Accounting/invoicing experience preferred.
- Non-Profit Accounting experience preferred.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Light travel within state required.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reasoning ability regarding accounting transactions.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays plus business days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve
- 403B plan with company match.
- Pension plan paid by the agency.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support.
- Voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1561421/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Staff-Accountant-New-Americans-Program.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: February 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.