Special Events & Communications Coordinator
Who We Are
Monroe Harding’s mission is to change young people’s lives. Our cause is to ensure that foster care youth and other vulnerable young people build a solid foundation of strengths that position them for success in adulthood. Our cause and mission are accomplished through trauma and resiliency informed programs and services in foster care, supportive housing, clinical emotional and mental health support services, and education, career development, and life skills support services.
What We Value
Optimism – We celebrate and encourage the good in each other. We create an environment in which people can have fun, express gratitude, feel uplifted, explore their passions and increase their resiliency.
Inclusion – Thru a lens of respect, we advocate for our families, our youth and each other by creating a sense of belonging, understanding and value for the uniqueness of each individual.
Curiosity – We are committed to creating a learning environment that seeks knowledge, looks to the future and goes beyond the status quo.
Collaboration – We believe that people who are committed to open communication, a willingness to help and working together as a team create a safe environment and a culture of excellence.
Personal Accountability – We empower one another to be our best selves. By showing up, listening and providing thoughtful feedback we create a culture that allows for self-care.
Who We Are Looking For
Monroe Harding is searching for a Special Events & Communications Coordinator to telling the story of Monroe Harding internally and externally and raising stakeholder awareness. This is accomplished by creating strong, compelling messaging and collateral materials for use by staff and volunteers in their communications about the organization and in marketing and fundraising initiatives for all the programs and services to create a cohesive brand.
The coordinator will also be responsible for all fundraising events, including assisting with procuring sponsors, handling registrations, developing the program of activities, and managing day-of logistics.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator
Marketing & Communications
- Develop strategies, in conjunction with Senior Director of Development and Communications, to broaden awareness of the organization and its mission, vision, and cause
- Set standards for and create a cohesive image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles including but not limited to:
- Annual Report
- Brochures and information kits
- Forms, flyers, promotions, and other collateral materials
- Ensure all promotional materials are aligned with Monroe Harding’s brand identity and messaging platform
- Identify, write, and review stories, including conducting client interviews, to personalize the mission in external communications (newsletters, grants, email campaigns, donor thank you notes and executive correspondence)
- Assist with developing focused marketing initiatives to support each program’s goals and needs, while keeping a consistent message for the organization
- Coordinate creative design for the organization’s marketing & promotional materials and fundraising campaigns to ensure consistency and heighten impact
- Coordinate production of video content
- Write press releases and content for radio and print ads, in conjunction with Senior Director of Development and Communications
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for advertising
- Promote and support all special events, in conjunction with the Development team
- Represent Monroe Harding at agency fairs, speaking engagements, and other community events
- Manage photo collection and storage on the server
- Assist in analyzing and reporting impact of communications on organizational success
Website & Social Media Content
- Assist with managing and maintaining all online communication vehicles, including but not limited to:
- Online social media
- Email electronic signatures
- Work with website design vendors to implement design changes to the website
- Assist with design and implementation of social media strategy including sites such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
Special Events Management
- Assist with Monroe Harding’s major fundraising events, including Fostering Joy, and all other special events as assigned.
- Visit potential sponsors, assist with coordinating and managing volunteer committees for special events, solicit and track auction items and donations, work with event space managers, food vendors, and other special events vendors.
- Assist with budget management of events.
What we expect in Donor Relations & Special Events Coordinator at Monroe Harding
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted. Experience in marketing is preferred.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading as well as strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Familiarity with all print and digital communications platforms
- Must be flexible and be a team player
- Presentation Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Ability to Build Rapport
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available (90% coverage paid by Monroe Harding for the employee)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off package
- 401k (Monroe Harding will match up to 4%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate Services
- Professional development and training
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please apply online at monroeharding.org
- Date Posted: December 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 42,000