Special Campaigns Manager
The Special Campaigns Manager is an integral member of the Development team, with primary duties focused on preparing and supporting the CDO, CEO, and VP of Development to do their best frontline work with Nashville Symphony patrons for both the Annual and Endowment Campaigns. We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented creative individual, with a sincere interest in people and music, to focus on the following
Support the CDO, CEO, and VP of Development to strategize and plan for an ongoing program that will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a base of well-informed and highly engaged donors, creating strategies for each individual donor to chart steps and progress.
- Make sure all steps taken by the CEO, CDO, and VP with donors are entered in Tessitura. This means proactively getting this information from the CDO and CEO.
- Oversee cultivation steps, including coordinating all details of engagement events for patrons identified for significant support.
- Prepare a report for weekly major gift strategy sessions with the CDO, CEO, and VP to ensure the major gift priorities move forward seamlessly.
- Provide support for CDO, CEO, and VP donor portfolios.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the Nashville Symphony – its mission, history, culture, vision, programs, and governance structure; understand its base of financial support and the funding requirements of all segments of the organization; and be able to clearly communicate its mission and needs.
- Master ticket sales processes to assist portfolio patrons with their needs.
- Operate as part of the Development team by working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and other departments to provide seamless support to managers and donors.
- Work together with Nashville Symphony Musicians to bring patrons closer to the institution.
- When necessary, attend evening and weekend performances to engage in face-to-face interaction with patrons.
- Attend regular staff meetings and special events, collaborating with colleagues and sharing information.
- Assume responsibility for special projects or other activities as directed by the CDO and VP.
- Help CDO and VP track department expenses and be a backup for check processing.
The duties listed above are not all-inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum of two years’ experience working for a non-profit organization; experience in a cultural arts organization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, and verbal communication and editing skills.
- Ability to develop an understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions.
- Knowledge of donor databases and prospect tracking systems is preferred.
- Outstanding capacities for personal presentation, organization, self-motivation, accuracy, follow-through, timeliness, consistency, great attention to detail, and the ability to handle a multitude of tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ability to conceptualize and facilitate donor cultivation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment while keeping supervisor informed of work activity and issues.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a positive, helpful attitude in developing creative responses and solutions to needs and issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest of confidence and utmost honesty.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate meetings as well as cultivation and special events.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please apply at Indeed.com or SmartRecruiters.com.
- Date Posted: September 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/02/2023
- Salary Range: $52,500.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk