Greater Nashville Regional Council
Social Worker – TennCare CHOICES Program Enrollment Support
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time Social Worker to serve as a counselor on its CHOICES Intake team within the Department of Aging and Disability Services. The Department’s responsibilities include 1) planning and coordination of state/federal investments into programs and services aimed at improving the quality of life for senior adults across the region, 2) coordinating services among a network of senior centers and providers, 3) providing counseling/ assessments to help Middle Tennesseans enroll in programs and services, and 4) monitoring the performance of grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
GNRC’s CHOICES Intake team helps to screen and assess older adults who may be eligible for the TennCare-sponsored CHOICES program funded through Medicaid. CHOICES provides nursing facility services and home and community-based services for adults 21 years of age and older with a physical disability and seniors (age 65 and older).
The primary responsibilities of this position may include:
- Help inform older adults about programs and services available to assist with long-term care, transportation, nutrition, or other needs as appropriate,
- Conduct telephone and in-person screenings and assessments with clients across the Middle Tennessee area,
- Complete pre-admission evaluations and collect financial and medical history information from potential clients,
- Keep informed on aging and disability-related issues and gather information about available resources and local service providers,
- Help conduct periodic customer satisfaction surveys to assist GNRC and TennCare with monitoring the quality of the process,
- Document information within the appropriate systems, and
- Other duties as assigned by the CHOICES Intake Program Manager or the Director of Aging and Disability Services.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in social work, with an active social work license, or LPN. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in geriatrics and case management is strongly preferred. Bilingual Language Skills a Plus. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Required Technology Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software is required.
Travel Expectations: This position will require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen-county region. A valid driver’s license and/or access to personal transportation is required.
Remote Work Flexibility: This is not a remote position. The selected candidate will be expected to work onsite on core business days. Work-from-home flexibility is provided, when possible, at the discretion of the Manager.
Compensation and Benefits: The minimum starting pay will depend on experience and qualifications. GNRC offers a fully paid pension through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System and provides an optional 401k with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 3% of gross salary. GNRC also offers a full benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and more. Inquire for more information about benefits.
How to Apply
If interested please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
GNRC was established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: January 11, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Working Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm