Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Greater Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, with availability to work occasional early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
In this role, you will be responsible for all care management functions related to service to those assigned customers who are deemed by the court in need of a conservator, as well as private pay clients. The ideal candidate will have a passion for service to older adults and experience in service provision.
- Solicits and screens referrals made to the program
- Administers comprehensive, functional assessments with customers accepted into the program
- Develops goals and a care plan for each customer, presents at care plan conferences and modifies, as needed, with attention to current and future needs
- Completes all required tasks to secure customers’ property to include inventories, redirecting mail, securing assets, etc.
- Develops property management plans and customer budgets, pays bills, and maintains records of all transactions
- Transports customers, as needed
- Works closely with the Care Management Director and FiftyForward staff to deliver a consistently high level of responsive service
- Understands and accesses community resources needed by customers
- Collaborates and consults as appropriate with customers, service providers, volunteer groups, customers’ family members and friends to implement plans
- Maintains accurate and current customer records and submits monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in a timely manner including reports to court on an annual and as needed basis
- Networks with formal and informal service providers to increase the quantity and quality of services available
- Performs community outreach and awareness activities to encourage referrals to the programs
- Completes billings and collects fees
- Coordinates contacts with medical, legal, financial, real estate and other professionals and seeks assistance in decision making
- Responds to after-hour emergencies via cell phone and in-person when needed to assure safety and care of customers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Strictly adheres to NASW Code of Ethics
- Interest in and sensitivity to frail seniors
- Effective and professional communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Knowledge of community resources and medical and legal terminology preferred
- Proficiency in time management, organization, and problem-solving
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with a wide range of constituents and stakeholders
- Ability to make visits to private homes and institutions where the effects of smoking, pets, and inability to maintain a home can be encountered
- Passion to promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required. Master’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ social service experience with minimum of 1 year of experience working with older adults preferred
- A valid TN driver’s license, maintain good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA, and HSA
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: September 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8am - 5pm, with availability to work occasional early mornings, late evenings, and weekends