Friends Life Community
Social Enterprise Program Coordinator
Friends Life Community
Join the Journey of Inclusion and Empowerment at Friends Life Community!
At Friends Life Community, we believe in the boundless potential of every individual, with and without disabilities. We are on a mission to create opportunities that empower adults with intellectual disabilities to discover their unique talents and find their place within the community and the world. Together, we are building a more fulfilling life for our Friends and bringing peace of mind to their families.
Our Core Values: Belonging, Self-Advocacy, and Innovation
At the heart of our organization lies a commitment to our core values:
Belonging: We believe that everyone deserves to be seen, respected, and celebrated for their unique qualities. We create an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated, and everyone is excited to be a part of the community.
Self-Advocacy: We empower the Friends to know their rights and responsibilities, encouraging them to use their voice to advocate for themselves in a proactive and engaged manner.
Innovation: We never settle for the status quo. Committed to constant evolution, we continuously improve our programming and methods to provide better opportunities, education, employment, and quality of life for the IDD community.
Your Purpose: Social Enterprise Coordinator
As the Social Enterprise Coordinator, you will play a vital role in supporting our Social Enterprise Program. Your primary mission will be to coordinate and execute all aspects of the Treat Truck enterprise seamlessly. From managing booking requests and event schedules to supervising staff and volunteers, you’ll be instrumental in creating a memorable and delightful experience for our customers. By aligning the vision of the Treat Truck with our organization’s mission, you will contribute to the Friends’ skill-building and personal growth.
Beyond the Treat Truck: Making a Difference
As the Social Enterprise Specialist at Friends Life Community, your role extends beyond the Treat Truck program. You will also be responsible for coordinating the marketing and sales of Friendmade Goods merchandise, another social enterprise initiative that allows the Friends to express themselves creatively, learn new skills, and showcase their unique talents. Your dedication to this aspect of our organization will play a crucial role in empowering our Friends and creating a positive impact within the community.
In addition, your work schedule will be rounded out by leading classes within the Weekday Program and/or with small group coaching services, as needed and determined by your
supervisor. Your commitment to supporting the Friends’ growth and success through this direct service will be a driving force in their journey toward belonging.
What We Expect: Excellence in Implementation
As Social Enterprise Coordinator, we count on you to demonstrate excellent organization, communication, time management, and planning skills. Collaborating with co-workers and volunteers, you will actively execute programmatic goals, ensuring the Friends learn valuable skills, increase socialization, and improve self-advocacy and independence. Your dedication to program goals will positively impact our community’s reputation and lead to lasting change for the Friends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate incoming booking requests and Treat Truck event calendar
- Provide prompt and friendly communication for booking inquiries and existing customers
- Work with the Senior Director of Business Affairs to ensure prompt and accurate invoicing
- Track and record cash and Venmo donations for each event
- Keep a database of records updated on Monday.com for all events
- Manage client and Associate (hired Friends) schedules to ensure that each Treat Truck event is properly staffed
- Coordinate volunteer support for Treat Truck events, keeping volunteers engaged and focused on supporting clients/Associates
- Use positive behavior supports and encouragement, and ensure every one is as safe as possible
- Collaborate with the Director of Partnerships and Social Enterprise to monitor clients and Associates, collect assessment data, and produce reports to show the impact of services and progress toward career and social goals
- Track Treat Truck inventory and supplies, restocking when necessary
- Keep equipment and vehicles clean and in good condition, notifying supervisor of maintenance issues or required repairs
- Demonstrate best practices, inclusion, empathy, communication, and relationship-building with clients and Associates to model expected behaviors with customers, community partners, and members of the larger community
- Track inventory of FLC and Friendmade Goods merchandise, including monitoring stock levels, conducting regular audits, and ensuring that our Friends’ creations are well-organized and readily available for purchase or events
- Process and fulfill customer orders, ensuring timely deliveries, and providing top-notch customer service to foster a positive buying experience
- Oversee online store, including updating product listings, creating appealing visuals, and highlighting the makers behind each unique creation
- Handle all logistics of market events including coordinating event staffing, managing booth set-ups, and engaging with customers
- Provide creative input on developing new product ideas and exploring innovative ways for the Friends to hone their craft
- Promote belonging, self-advocacy, and innovation. You will champion our core values in every aspect of your role. By creating an inclusive environment and focusing on opportunities for growth, you will reinforce the positive impact that our Friends’ and their creations have on the community
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Partnerships and Social Enterprise
- The right candidate may also be given volunteer management and social media marketing responsibilities based on experience and proficiency
- We are seeking a passionate individual who believes in our mission and core values.
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred, though not required. You should possess exceptional and demonstrated organization, time management, and communication skills.
- A clean driving record and the ability to drive program vehicles, including minibusses and towing a trailer (or a willingness to learn), are required.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours is required, especially during the busy
- Treat Truck season (roughly May-September).
- Experience with platforms such as Microsoft Office products, Monday.com, Canva, and
- Shopify preferred.
- Medical (lowest premium option is 80% employer paid)
- Dental/Vision (50% employer paid)
- Life ADD (employer paid)
- Simple IRA (3% employer match)
- PTO and Sick Leave accrual
- 18 paid holidays (including two five-day summer and winter breaks that are left to the
discretion of our Board of Directors)
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 17, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/01/2024
- Salary Range: $39,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; including nights and weekends