Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Service Coordinator to join our Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
The Service Coordinator assists participants in obtaining services that are needed to support participants’ life goals. The Service Coordinator serves as a guide, advocate, teacher, and mentor. Life skill development is emphasized in this process, so that participants are equipped to become their own advocate in their pursuit of essential life recovery goals. Life transformation through a relationship with Jesus Christ is modeled and taught.
- Oversees coordination of needed services for participants in Life Recovery Programs at the Men’s and Women’s campuses.
- Communicates with Life Recovery Program Intake Coordinators about participants who may need services that should be completed prior to entering the Life Recovery Program.
- Assesses individual needs of participants and schedules appointments.
- Identifies participant’s needs, prioritizing those that need immediate attention from those that can wait until the participant graduates.
- Makes sure all participants in the program have obtained needed identification. This includes assisting the participant in obtaining a driver’s license or identification, birth certificate, and social security card.
- Responsible for transportation of participants to necessary appointments. Coordinates alternative transportation when needed.
- Coordinates appointment times with treatment team.
- Maintains documentation in ClientTrack for all service contacts (e.g., phone calls, meetings, community appointments, letters written and sent, etc.) with participants.
- Develops alliances and opportunities for Nashville Rescue Mission and participants with community organizations.
- Assists Life Coaches with completing assessments, as needed.
- Assists with family communication and transportation to family visits.
- Maintains communication with legal representatives (e.g., Probation Officers, etc.).
- Sends required documentation and/or provides verbal communication to legal representatives on a regular basis.
- Teaches in core curriculum, devotionals, and program chapels, as needed.
- Actively works with program team to assure that daily schedule, goals, and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in daytrip activities, special events, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by the Director or Assistant Director.
- Regularly performs room inspections, as needed.
- In the event of lower program numbers, participates in work therapy chores.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human/Social Resources or related fields and 3-5 years of relative experience, preferably in the areas of drug/alcohol counseling or biblical counseling. Master’s degree preferred. 10+ years of relative job experience may be substituted for educational experience.
- Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Initiative to accomplish necessary tasks and solve problems.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Navigational skills to support frequent transportation of participants.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to form safe, trusting relationships.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, participants, volunteers, and local community.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by Nashville Rescue Mission’s insurance company.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $17.96 - $22.45
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.