Harvest Hands CDC
Senior Director of Programs
Harvest Hands CDC
Oversee all after school program staff, and the implementation of the after school and summer
programs. Lead program staff to effectively carry out the mission and vision of Harvest Hands
through their various programs. Establish that education and Christian spiritual formation of
Harvest Hands students are the highest priorities. Help each student maximize his/her
potential. This is a full time salaried position.
- Develop a cohesive structure and curriculum for all After-school and Summer Programs at Harvest Hands.
- Work with Harvest Hands After-school program staff in implementing organized and creative programs.
- Attend each After-school program for a minimum of one time per week to engage staff, students and families.
- Work alongside the Elementary Manager and Middle School Manager to lead the after school program each day.
- Oversee the hiring and training of interns and part-time program staff.
- Manage After-school program staff to ensure the success and growth of the students and programs, creatively work towards solutions together with the after school program team to ensure that concerns and needs are being addressed on a regular basis.
- Participate in the evaluation of after school program staff and interns.
- Ensure that after school program staff, interns and volunteers are receiving the training they need to effectively carry out their work and lead an excellent program.
- Through a Christ-centered approach, encourage daily spiritual growth in the lives of children and families.
- Create and enforce effective discipline policy to encourage learning. Work with Elementary and Middle School Managers to ensure that discipline procedures are being implemented and parents/guardians are informed about issues regarding their students.
- Ensure that there are effective tools to measure the success and growth of the students and the programs. Intentionally communicate any information and data gathered with development staff, senior staff and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Create and maintain a good, working relationship within the school system to better meet the emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of the children of Harvest Hands; includes meeting with students’ teachers and administrators on a regular basis and serving as the liaison between Harvest Hands and the schools our students attend.
- Manage programs within the approved budget.
- Ensure facilities are clean, organized, and conducive to learning.
- Develop and maintain library where books are learning tools used on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students’ parents or guardians.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to help with the general functioning of Harvest Hands in effort to carry out the mission of the organization.
- Lead the recruitment of volunteers for programs and involve other program staff in the process.
- Assist with fundraising and grants for programs and the organization as needed.
- Work with team to establish and grow weekend activities for youth and children in the community.
- Assist in human resources as agreed upon with the Executive Team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
- A strong and clearly observable faith in God, and a strong passion and commitment to mission and outreach in an under-resourced community.
- An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development and a commitment to invest in neighbors and the neighborhoods we serve.
- A Bachelors degree. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience working in an urban setting with a proven track record of effective leadership
- with children, youth and families.
- Experience working collaboratively with teams and volunteers. Experience leading teams.
Benefits include 11 recognized holidays, 15 PTO days (sick and personal time), and a health and retirement stipend. More details will be shared with applicant during interview process.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: January 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/06/2023
- Salary Range: 60,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk