Harvest Hands CDC
Senior Director of Development
Harvest Hands CDC
Develop and oversee all fundraising efforts of the organization, including but not limited to annual giving, corporate partnerships, grant and foundation giving, social enterprise sales, and planned giving. Develop and oversee all communications and marketing efforts of the organization. This is a full-time salaried position on our leadership team.
Strategy & Leadership
- Develop and implement the organization’s development objectives & strategy, evaluate its success, and provide improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Create a strategic plan to grow the organization’s support base and revenue streams.
- Manage a team of development and sales managers to reach their annual metrics and quarterly goals.
- Lead the recruitment, hiring, and training of additional development team members, and assist with the hiring and onboarding of other high level team members as a part of the leadership team.
- Work alongside the leadership team to develop the budget and create metrics for the development team annually.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all fundraising campaigns and events.
- Cultivate and manage donor and foundation relations.
- Work alongside COO and CEO to identify and cultivate major gift and legacy giving opportunities and coordinate capital campaigns.
- Oversee the grant process, including research, letters of interest, proposals, contracts and reporting.
- Oversee and manage all streams of revenue for the organization–Including our social enterprises Humphreys Street Coffee and Soap production facility and coffee shop (and potential new ventures).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, students, families, volunteers, donors, foundations, community leaders, media and partner organizations.
- Provide direction and strategy for a stewardship and donor communication plan that retain and grow existing pipeline of donors.
Communication & Administration
- Provide direction and oversee the creation of marketing and communication related to fundraising, customer communication and organization story telling.
- Ensure the organization’s donor database is updated in a timely manner to reflect giving and donor communications, and utilize information to identify donor trends and opportunities.
- Work alongside COO to manage audits, 990’s, permits and other tax exemption requirements and reports necessary to maintain our status as a nonprofit.
- Attend board meetings to provide development reports and maintain strong relationships with board members. Oversee the management and recruitment of young professionals board.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
- A strong and clearly observable faith in God and a strong passion and commitment to the mission of Harvest Hands and caring for under-resourced communities.
- An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development and a commitment to invest in neighbors and the neighborhoods we serve.
- A Bachelors degree or 5+ years of related experience in nonprofit organizations
- Experience working in an urban setting with a proven track record of effective leadership with children, youth and families.
- Experience working collaboratively with teams and volunteers. Experience leading teams.
Benefits include 11 recognized holidays, 15 PTO days to be used for sick days and personal time, and a health and retirement stipend. More details will be shared with applicant during interview process.
How to Apply
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter or copy and paste the link below into your web browser. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Date Posted: March 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/10/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00am - 5:00pm