United Way of Greater Nashville
Senior Director, Donor Engagement
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Objective: The Senior Director, Donor Engagement plans and executes strategies and tactics to maintain and grow membership & revenues in the Tocqueville Society Alpha Chapter, United Way’s highest level donor group ($10,000 annually).
Oversee Tocqueville Society Membership Retention and Growth
- Drives revenue by retaining current Tocqueville members, growing annual gifts, and recruiting new members.
- Oversees regular communication to keep members informed about how their investments are deployed throughout greater Nashville.
- Builds sense of community among members by planning and executing a series of educational and family events.
- Engages one-on-one with current members via calls, visits, emails, and correspondence.
- Represents and advocates for United Way at events throughout the business community.
Manage Tocqueville Member Cabinet
- Works directly with the chair/s of the Tocqueville Cabinet and the Chief Development Officer to assist them as they lead the charge to recruit new members.
- Provides resources to help Tocqueville Cabinet members articulate the value of United Way.
- Provides all backup for Tocqueville Cabinet members as they solicit new Tocqueville members.
- Counsels Cabinet members regarding their recruitment efforts.
- Oversees the fulfillment process of newly committed members.
Guide United Way Corporate Tocqueville Campaigns
- Collaborates with account managers to engage corporate campaign Tocqueville members.
- Provides guidance and oversees programs for workplace campaign liaisons who are leading the charge in their company to recruit new members.
- Guides development of collateral specific to workplace campaigns.
Develop Tocqueville Society Engagement
- Oversees the preparation of all materials needed to promote the Tocqueville Society.
- Materials include all correspondence from Tocqueville Cabinet chairs and Cabinet members, bi-annual surveys, a quarterly newsletter, annual membership directory, pledge cards, Tocqueville Society overviews, invitations, the Tocqueville website, and LinkedIn.
- Collaborates with the Chief Development Officer and the Chief Community Investment Officer to plan and execute engaging programs for members to learn about United Way’s work.
- Manages the Major Gifts Specialist to ensure donor investments are properly captured, reported and recognized so that UWMN portrays good stewardship to investors.
- Oversees program to increase planned gifts for UWGN
- Manages the work of the director of planned giving engagement.
United Way Worldwide
- Collaborates with United Way Worldwide to develop and execute best practices to retain and grow Tocqueville membership.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Non-profit fundraising from high-net-worth individuals: 5 years minimum
- Management: 3 years minimum
- Strategic Planning: 5 years minimum
- Fundraising and planned giving strategies
- Greater Nashville Community: business leaders, community volunteers, local business and economic trends. developments, and influential history
- Trends and best practices of successful nonprofit fundraising
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Mission Driven
- Relationship Management
- Donor Acumen
- Commitment to Confidentiality
- Effective Communication
- Strategic Planning
- Outcomes Motivated
- United Way Advocate
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, bend, and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Frequent driving of vehicle for stakeholder meetings
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville offers competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: February 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Philanthropy / CSR
- Start Date: 03/06/2023
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30