We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to support Exile International’s mission of restoring and empowering children of war to become leaders for peace.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all general ledger accounting functions using Quickbooks Online (QBO), reconciling accounts balances and bank statements, processing and reconciling all donations, processing and maintaining bi-weekly payroll, preparing monthly financial statements, and managing the annual audit. A successful senior accountant combines excellent organizational and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles for a non-profit organization.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Track, record, and classify all donations made through Exile’s CRM, Virtuous.
- Track, record, and classify all donations made by EFT, ACH, check, or cash.
- Track, record, and classify all expenses made by check or credit card, experience with Concur is a plus.
- Clear, classify, and post all bank transactions on QBO.
- Accurately classify all entries using Exile’s chart of accounts and class system.
- Reconcile all bank accounts with the monthly bank statements.
- Reconcile all monthly credit card transactions with the monthly statements.
- Record and post all monthly standard journal entries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements for the leadership team and the Board.
- Post transactions and coordinate with Exile’s CPA to register and pay all sales taxes.
- Maintain and process bi-weekly payroll.
- Process and pay all payroll taxes and submit payroll tax reports and tax filings, including W4s and W2s, in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Exile’s CPA to process, distribute, and submit annual 1099s.
- Prepare and submit an accurate list of weekly donations for use by the entire leadership and administrative team.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the annual donor tax-exempt letters.
- Support the Senior Project Accountant in the development of the annual budgets for Exile and overseas programs.
- Prepare and manage annual Audit.
- Support and review the annual 990 as prepared and submitted by Exile’s CPA.
- Track, prepare, and submit various annual filings to maintain tax-exempt status.
- Support Exile’s leadership and administrative team with finance questions and requirements.
- Coordinate with the Senior Projects Accountant in tracking, recording, and sending wires to overseas programs.
- Experience working in a Christian, non-profit setting
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience as a Senior Accountant with fund accounting experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QBO, Virtuous, Clover
- Experience in supporting the audit process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This is an immediate full-time remote position, working Monday through Friday, 32 hours per week. We offer competitive benefits, including; paid time off, a monthly health care stipend (for full-time employees), and an opportunity to participate in a 401k retirement plan (for full-time employees).
Exile International is a nonprofit organization that provides healing and hope to rescued child soldiers and children orphaned by war to become leaders for peace. We work with local leaders to provide art-focused trauma care and holistic, rehabilitative care, seeing over 6700 war-affected children’s lives forever changed since 2008. Today, the organization is poised to expand its work by growing its programs and passionately serving the next generation of African leaders!
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 24, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/01/2024
- Working Hours: 32