As Secretary, you will serve as a member of the general board and executive committee. In partnership with the board, you will lead the organization to fulfill its mission by providing effective stewardship through planning, policymaking, developing financial and community support, monitoring results, and overseeing management.
- Record and distribute board meeting minutes
- Maintain accurate organization records
- Schedule regular board meetings
- Track meeting attendance and board member terms
- Support new board member onboarding
General Board Member Responsibilities:
- Believe in the mission of the organization.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in no fewer than 75% of board meetings, board committees, task groups, programs, and events.
- Make a financial contribution by December 15th of each fiscal year
- Support fundraising activities
- Identify and cultivate sources of financial support
- Formulate and adopt policies
- Formulate, approve, and evaluate organizational performance and monitor progress toward long-range goals
- Adopt and monitor the organization’s operating budget and fundraising plan
- Protect the assets of the organization
- Acquire knowledge of issues that affect the organization to better participate in policy-making and strategic planning
- Serve as a representative of and advocate for the organization in the community
- Fulfill charter obligations and corporate responsibilities, including fiduciary oversight
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of the Executive Director as directed by the board chair
Prior education, non-profit or administrative experience preferred but not required.
Must have a passion for serving Middle Tennessee Students.
Supporting an organization dedicated to improving the outcomes of Middle Tennessee students.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 12, 2024
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Start Date: 07/01/2024
- Salary Range: NA