Catholic Charities of TN
Safe Passages Family Reunification Case Manager
Catholic Charities of TN
The Safe Passages Case Manager is responsible for assessing and documenting the needs of clients reunifying with sponsors. The Safe Passages Case Manager conducts home visits with Unaccompanied Children and their sponsors and follows all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS), and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. The Safe Passages Case Manager conducts home studies for potential sponsors prior to reunification. Additionally, the Safe Passages Case Manager visits the home after reunification to ensure safety and that the needs of reunified minors are appropriately met through Post-Release Services (PRS). Hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, though some flexibility may be required outside of these hours. This position is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 2806 McGavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of federal contracts for unaccompanied children services.
- Adheres to programmatic and contractual timelines for the provision of services, including accurate reporting required by ORR/DCS and USCCB/MRS.
- Conducts home studies and assessments with prospective sponsors to assess the suitability and safety of the potential placement, home, and relationship.
- Utilizes training and expertise to assess the safety and well-being of minors and/or sponsors or prospective sponsors, and subsequently make all necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports any issues or challenges that may indicate an unsafe or inappropriate environment or a sponsor who does not appear to hold the best interests of the child in high regard.
- Provides information and education to sponsors regarding school registration, attendance requirements, teacher communication, building relationships with key school personnel, monitoring grades and educational progress, and resources for academic assistance for minors.
- Assists clients in obtaining reputable legal representation for immigration proceedings by providing referrals.
- Provides case management services according to program guidelines and mandates.
- Provides interpretation services for clients as needed.
- Documents all services and activities and ensure client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Serves as liaison with other community agencies, health providers, and professional partners.
- Completes any required reports or data collection activities as prescribed by funders, partners, or agency leadership in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews program guidelines and updates and participates in training to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Provide transportation to clients in the program using an Agency vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral sciences, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral sciences.
- Experience providing comprehensive case management services.
- Experience working across cultures.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville and surrounding counties.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases, such as Salesforce, and other systems.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1534120/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Safe-Passages-Family-Reunification-Case-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: October 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.