Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
ReStore Assistant Manager – Wilson County
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Assist in the day-to-day management of the Wilson County ReStore located in Lebanon. Responsible for leading the ReStore Sales Associates and Volunteers in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes Assist with Controlling expenses and working toward budgeted revenue goals. Ensure a safe working environment while providing the protection of company assets.
Assist in the Management of the daily flow of donations coming into the ReStore. Determine pricing and floor setup. Lead ReStore staff and partner with volunteers and groups on work-specific details. Meet sales goals, customer service initiatives, annual physical inventory count, initiate safety expectations, and ensure cleanliness of ReStore building. Support and manage all ReStore policies and procedures. Participate and support agency activities as requested. This is an in-person position.
· Assist Management as directed, with scheduling employees.
· Assist Management as directed, in providing adequate training for employees.
· Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
· Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register and make bank deposits.
· Assist with the efficient staging, stocking, and storage of merchandise.
· Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing, and signage.
· Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
· Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
· Provide superior customer service leadership.
· Keep the ReStore Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary.
· Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the ReStore Employee Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Participate in the Annual Review Process.
· Ensure that all Habitat for Humanity International and Affiliate Policies and Guidelines are followed.
· Authorized to carry ReStore keys, and codes to the security system and combination to the safe.
· Determines the need for day labor in the absence of a ReStore Manager
· Lead Volunteers
· Participate as the on-site Safety Officer, monitoring safety and completing safety inspections as required by Agency Safety Manager.
· Deliver excellence in customer experience
· Support Store Manager in Overseeing operational functions of the store including opening/closing registers, facility, and safety control policies and practices
· A high school diploma is required. Some college preferred. 1 to 3 years of experience in a retail/restaurant environment and supervisory experience preferred.
· Knowledge of OSHA and TOSHA regulations.
· Position requires a valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving history.
· Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices
· Effective oral, and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
· organization skills with attention to detail
· Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists
· Must have a valid State of Tennessee driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle of a size including trucks with box/bed length up to 26 feet in length
· Regular and reliable attendance required
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 24, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: From $50,000/year
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Tues - Sat. 8:30 am - 5:30 pm