People Loving Nashville
Resource and Donation Manager
People Loving Nashville
The Resource and Donations Manager is a key member of the Programs team who will oversee the resources team in the day-to-day operations of donation logging, partnership management, and facilitation of normal and emergency donations to clients. You are a logistical wiz who loves solving puzzles, and creating structure, all with a heart for service.
The Resource and Donations Manager will report to the Director of Program Operations and provide supervision and guidance to two part-time Resource Coordinators, and one part-time Food Resource Coordinator.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage with people experiencing unsheltered homelessness to reduce the risk of harm and to enhance safety and health
- Provide client support by identifying urgent needs and offering services through PLN partnerships and other resources
- Oversee weekly PLN programming, ensuring all needed resources and supplies are included
- Oversee the Monday night off-site outreach set-up
- Manage donation pickup and ensure all donor partnerships are sustained
- Research and establish new donation partnerships throughout the greater Nashville Metropolitan area, including churches, thrift stores, food banks, and corporate partnerships
- Implement, document, and maintain an organizational system for all storage spaces
- Plan and oversee volunteer clean-up days to maintain all storage spaces
- Supervise a team of resource and food coordinators and volunteers to maintain all supplies and donations
- Report and keep a record of in-bound and out-bound donations; ensuring supplies are kept stocked
- Report on food donations to senior leadership
- Oversee the planning and execution of furniture set up for newly-housed clients
- Perform other duties to support PLN, as assigned
- Drive the resource box truck to and from outreaches and supply pick-ups
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You support the work, mission, and values of People Loving Nashville
- You have the desire to meet people where they are and a passion for service
- You have a minimum of 1 year of supervisory and mentorship experience
- You are an effective communicator; in person, by email, or by phone and you’re able to communicate easily with people from varying walks of life; you’re a patient and an attentive listener
- You have the ability to create a project plan with a vision of the full scale of a project and understand on how to best break it down into detailed tasks
- You have a successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization
- You are impeccably organized with an ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment and willing to jump in where needed
- You are an effective communicator, whether that’s in person, by email, or phone and you’re able to communicate easily with people from varying walks of life
- You are a patient and attentive listener
- You are flexible and adaptable to the needs of a grassroots organization and willing to jump in where needed
- You’re a team player
- You have a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
- You are willing to work outside conventional business hours (which can include nights and weekends, as needed).
Please inquire within.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your last name and the position title in the subject. (example, “Jones – Outreach Specialist”.)
- Include your cover letter and resume as pdf attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.”
- In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at People Loving Nashville in the past.
- Date Posted: April 28, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing