Barefoot Republic Camp
Residential Camp Director
Barefoot Republic Camp
Barefoot Republic Camp is seeking high-energy, detail-oriented, and passionate individuals to fill our camp director openings. The Residential Camp Director will work to create, implement, and fully execute all of the vision and objectives of Barefoot Camp programs. This position will report to the Chief Operations Officer to ensure that the camp’s missional, operational, and financial goals are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to oversight of assigned camp operations, program development, recruitment and staffing, organizational partnership & relationship building, and other responsibilities as outlined below.
This position is a full-time position and requires great attention to detail, spiritual maturity, flexible availability, a servant’s heart, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude. This position will need to be available to work unconventional hours during the preparation, recruitment, and execution of the time period leading up to, during, and immediately following scheduled camp sessions.
- Camper Recruitment
- Staff Recruitment & Training
- Camp Program Development & Operational Oversight
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Must function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors from diverse backgrounds.
- 3 years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Strong business acumen skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Visio.
- Experience with CRMs is a plus.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to sit at and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Able to lift 20 pounds and reach/bend to retrieve documents in cabinets and on shelves.
- Office environment and offsite outdoor camp environment.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
- Willing to work offsite in support of camp programs and other initiatives.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please email all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2023
- Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000