Adventure Science Center
Adventure Science Center
Position Title: Reservations Coordinator
Department: Learning and Outreach
Reports to: Learning and Outreach Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly, F/T position/minimum 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $17.00
This position is responsible for a variety of administrative and sales duties, including managing incoming calls, booking reservations, collecting payments, scheduling programs, and checking in/greeting groups at Adventure Science Center. The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for providing outstanding customer service when communicating with all guests and staff. The position will keep up to date on Learning and Outreach programs, offerings, pricing, and schedules in order to effectively assist customer inquiries and book their experiences. Primary schedule is Monday – Friday.
Sales and Reservation Duties
- Book group reservations for on-site schools visits, groups, outreach programs, virtual programs and birthday parties, adding on planetarium shows, labs/demos, lunchroom rentals, etc.
- Conduct and organize groups check-in, orientation, lunch reservations and program coordination
- Coordinate with Learning & Outreach team regarding available programs, timelines, and staffing
- Create, send invoices/itineraries, and take payments for school groups, outreach visits, virtual programs, and birthday parties
- Communicate effectively and professionally with teachers, principals, parents, and community organizations
- Create and execute group reservation confirmation communication timelines and processes
- Assess, evaluate and improve reservation materials, communication collateral, and field trip resources
- Assist callers with general Learning and Outreach inquiries
- Organize and create Outlook calendar invites with planetarium staff regarding added school planetarium shows and with operations staff on room reservations/use
Phone Operator Duties
- Manages the reservations phone line and inquiry emails ensuring the highest standards of guest service.
- Provides accurate information in all communications, sourced through strong relationships with various departments. Forward call to appropriate staff member as needed.
- Maintains both a call answered and voice message log. Identifies common questions or inquiries that can improve communication on the website, phone auto-attendant, etc.
Database and Reporting Duties
- Enter group reservation payments into Altru ticketing system – checks, cash, credit cards
- Ensure Altru Groups calendar is up-to-date and accurate
- Run email lists in Altru as needed.
- Run sales reports as needed.
- Transfer pertinent information as needed to weekend L&O staff, operations, front desk, L&O manager regarding programs during non-standard operating hours (i.e., Birthdays, Family STEM Events, etc.)
- Anticipate guest needs and solve issues or concerns with positive, courteous, respectful, professional attitude.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and demeanor demonstrating positive attitude, patience, helpful, courteous, respectful, professional, and service oriented attitude at all times.
- Exhibit proficient knowledge of customer service principles, techniques systems and standards.
- Proactively engage guests in inspiring interactions while showing genuine enthusiasm about ASC.
- Cross-trained for guest and member services, acting as a substitute representative during busy periods or for absent team members.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Effective organizational skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interface with multiple personalities
- Must be detail oriented with strong sense of accuracy
- Must be available any of the seven days of the week for day or evening shifts, based on schedule.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while organizing work and achieving excellent results
- A strong sense of responsibility coupled with a “problem solver” attitude.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills and be guest focused at all times.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter and great at multitasking
- Must be able to work in a team as well as be able to work independently.
- Willingness to adhere to professional standards and practices, especially with regard to guest experience customer standards.
- Exhibit adaptability and creativity.
- Microsoft Outlook – email and calendar functions
- Microsoft Word – write letters; merge, update, save and email documents
- Microsoft Excel – create and maintain basic Excel worksheets
- Database – point of sale, reservations, data entry and reporting
- Must be at least 18 year’s old
- Must be capable of general physical movement i.e. standing and bending throughout the day.
- Availability to work peak days and hours, combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Preferred previous guest relations experience
- High School diploma, some college a plus
- 2 years of office experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to work independently
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable, flexible and personable
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions in customer service
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Free onsite parking
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Personal Days, plus 11 paid holidays a year
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Complimentary membership to Adventure Science Center
- Free or discounted admission to local venues including The Nashville Zoo, The Frist Art Museum, Nashville Shores, Cheekwood Estate and Gardens, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free Counseling and Legal Services)
- Eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submission is required for all materials. To expedite processing, please place “Reservations Coordinator” in the subject line of your message. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is intended to be a description of the general nature and level of work to be performed. This position profile should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. These responsibilities and duties are subject to change at any time based on organizational needs.
- Date Posted: April 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/17/2023
- Salary Range: 17.00
- Working Hours: Typically M-F, 8:30a-5:00p; Occasional weekends