Tennessee Primary Care Association
Research and Evaluation Manager
Tennessee Primary Care Association
Position Title: Research and Evaluation Manager
Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Health Care Access Program Director
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000
Direct Reports: None
The Tennessee Primary Care Association (TPCA) is a dynamic, team-oriented membership association that provides leadership, advocacy, and supportive expertise to the state’s community health centers. TPCA and our members are bonded by a shared purpose – ensuring all Tennesseans have access to quality and affordable health care. TPCA’s Health Care Access Program (HCAP) encompasses the following health center activities: clinical services; workforce; emergency preparedness; outreach and enrollment; and finance and operations.
The Health Care Access Research and Evaluation Manager will combine their research and analysis capabilities with their knowledge of the public health arena to assess health center needs and craft evidence-based solutions. This position will also be responsible for leading TPCA’s Data and Evaluation initiatives for internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, evaluation, a foundational understanding of public health principles and practices, and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad customer base.
Our team values collaboration, continual growth, integrity, and open communication. We are driven by our culture, knowing that creating an inclusive workplace is essential to serving our mission. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure every staff member feels empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. At TPCA, you will enjoy a hybrid work schedule, comprehensive benefits package, as well as ongoing encouragement and support for professional development.
The Research and Evaluation Manager will develop and manage TPCA’s data collection systems for multiple performance measures, support programmatic activities, and provide customized support to our membership. This position will also participate in TPCA’s operational projects as a member of the project team.
Data Analysis and Management
- Determine HCAP data needs and lead the development and implementation of data analytics strategies for community health centers including the design and analysis of data collection systems and the creation of reports and dashboards.
- Support the data needs of the PCA’s workforce and clinical programs including projects related to the Uniform Data System (UDS).
- Lead the development of surveys for TPCA including surveys to collect data from community health centers on current needs and progress towards goal achievement.
- Prepare presentations for internal stakeholders, members, and external stakeholders such as funders, the department of health, and statewide organizations.
- When necessary, establish new data collection procedures for specific programmatic activities or for programmatic evaluation.
- Investigate and resolve data, reporting, and system inconsistencies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and to share knowledge and resources.
- Lead the internal evaluation committee to ensure that data is collected and analyzed for continuous quality improvement.
- Attend 2-3 statewide or national conferences per year to stay up to date on relevant regulations, best practices, and new developments in the field.
- Provide training and customized support to community health centers on relevant data analytics.
- Develop reports for the TPCA Board, staff and for other requested uses.
Contribute to TPCA’s Operational Projects
- Support TPCA’s various operational initiatives to support health center growth and innovation in the areas of workforce and emergency preparedness.
- Coordinate trainings and provide customized support to the state’s community health centers on emergency preparedness best practices as well as workforce data.
- Works with TPCA staff to facilitate the follow-up and evaluation (3 to 6 month) of meetings and educational events hosted by TPCA.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant HRSA-funded National Cooperative Agreement organizations.
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in public health, preferably with a focus on data analytics, epidemiology, or evaluation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience collecting, editing, analyzing, and charting numerical data.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with software/programming languages such as SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- Experience in using data aggregation/reporting platforms for population health management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with community health centers or other safety-net healthcare organizations.
- Experience with Survey Management Software (Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, REDCap).
- Attention to completeness, accuracy, and detail.
- Ability to think critically and use independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and vision to organize data in meaningful presentation formats to deliver key messages.
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting, use of computer, monitor, and keyboard; occasionally lifting of lightweight boxes.
- Travel to health centers, national or regional conferences, and local travel will be required; up to 30%.
Not familiar with the community health centers? Check out our Community Health Center Site Guide to learn more!
TPCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, paid medical, dental and life insurance, paid long-term disability insurance, and participation in a 403(b) retirement plan. In addition, TPCA offers elective participation in employee-paid benefits including Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Savings Account, vision insurance, and AFLAC insurance options.
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their application in TPCA’s online application system Apply here. Accepting applications through 3/3/2023 or until filled by an excellent candidate. No email applications or applications in any other system will be accepted; no telephone inquiries, please.
Tennessee Primary Care Association
710 Spence Lane
Nashville, TN 37217
It is the policy of TPCA that all applicants are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic condition, marital status, or veteran status (past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the United States), or other protected characteristics or identity as required by local, state, and federal law.
This position will be supported in part by grant funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Date Posted: February 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 60,000 - 65,000 Annually
- Working Hours: 40