Regional Coordinator – Southeast
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Southeast Region Regional Coordinator. This position is a multi-faceted role responsible for supporting
the Regional team in the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, education & outreach, and volunteer development. The coordinator will provide support to the Regional team in their goal to cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote revenue growth and awareness within the community.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Regional Administration Support – 90%
- Work in partnership with the regional advancement team to develop and execute communications for the Region’s development and education/outreach efforts including writing and distribution.
- Serve as lead for the SE Region’s volunteer interest program called PF Ambassadors. Connecting with volunteers to orient them to PF volunteer opportunities, managing their onboarding where applicable, and linking to local Chapter staff.
- Securing venues and executing logistics for regional events where appropriate.
- Manage Southeast Region Chapter websites, event registration pages, and event calendars for the 5 (+) Chapters in the Southeast Region.
- Develop and execute a region-wide social media plan and manage the platforms for all chapters in the SE Region; assist with creating content, managing ads, and staying within the set advertising budget.
- Assist the Regional team with various email blasts, mailings, and phone calls.
- Secure and manage vendor contracts, permits, and invoice payments for events throughout the region.
- Support the creation of marketing materials for SE Region events ranging from flyers, event signage, Canva graphics, postcards, etc. This includes small design work and distribution.
- Prepare materials for meetings (Calendar Invitations, Agendas, PowerPoint presentations, new member paperwork, etc.) attend various board and committee meetings, and record meeting minutes.
- Assist with business and sponsor research and compile lists of market data for regional outreach.
- Process data entry requests, and pull mailing lists and reports from the Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online databases.
- Order collateral materials related to the region’s events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
- Support and attend regional events where needed.
- Source and secure region-wide in-kind sponsors.
- Coordinate functional partnerships and online logistics with giving bodies or campaigns that support regional fundraising (United Way offices, regional Giving Days)
- Other duties as directed.
Other – 10%
- Submit weekly progress report outlining meaningful progress on priorities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact the local community while advancing the mission, goals, and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available. Attend organization meetings on camera unless otherwise approved.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security, and upkeep of the equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED: high school diploma and minimum of 2 years fundraising experience, preferably within a non-profit organization
Self-motivated, pro-active, goal-oriented team member
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Possess and exhibit a professional, outgoing, friendly, and positive attitude
Focused, organized and detail-oriented
Employ discretion, tact, and empathy; proactive and intuitive people skills
Previous outbound sales calls, community outreach, customer service, and teleservice industry experience
Comfortable spending the majority of time on the phone
Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Communicate accurately and effectively using email
Experience with social media and website navigation
Accurate data entry skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database, and spreadsheet management
Travel up to 10% to attend regional fundraising events as needed
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
Work must be performed during core business hours
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. This position qualifies for full-time benefits.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Southeast Regional Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)