Refugee Social Adjustment Case Manager (Nashville)
The Refugee Social Adjustment Case Manager provides medical/extended case management and public benefits education/assistance to qualified refugee & immigrants who have resided in the US less than 5 years. This includes extended case management for newly arrived refugee clients with services like home, health, and crisis management. In addition, the Refugee Social Adjustment Case Manager coordinates with other refugee services within and outside the agency to address barriers faced in accessing mainstream services. The Case Manager prioritizes providing individualized health education and assisting refugee & immigrant clients in accessing health care. The Social adjustment case manager coordinates, schedules, educates, and transports clients to needed appointments and advocates for them in different settings. The Refugee Social Adjustment Case Manager provides services to refugees, asylees, and immigrants at any point in their journey to help them become socially integrated and culturally acclimated in their new communities.
- Ensures that all services needed by the client are scheduled, provided, and documented in the file according to grant requirements
- Networks and develops personal contacts with other social service providers, including both mainstream providers and those that serve refugees exclusively. Uses contacts and networking to create and maintain a database of client services to supplement those that Inspiritus provides
- Will provide health education and orientation to the American healthcare system to clients
- Produces work plans and case notes for each clients file and enters each clients social adjustment information into the appropriate state database
- Arranges client appointments and provides schedules to clients and other individuals who may be assisting the clients (e.g., Inspiritus case managers, interpreters, volunteers, etc.)
- Provides ongoing orientation about issues such as tenants rights, how to care for a rented apartment, and how to understand a new city, new culture, and new society
- Refers clients to other programs as needed such as Economic Empowerment, Intensive Case management, Afterschool, Refugee Career Pathways
- Must meet quantitative social adjustment service goals that are periodically assigned by supervisor to ensure successful completion of the state contract
- Must complete all database back pages, work plans, and case notes in the same week in which any service is billed on the state database service log
- Keeps Client Services Manager apprised of difficult cases
- Serves as interpreter when language skills are applicable for case services
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and employers
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities
- Participates in in-service training and conferences related to the programs
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Advance Human Rights & Social & Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Partnership & Relationship Management
Supervisory Responsibility: None
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by personal motor vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions. May perform job functions at out-posted locations as assigned. Regularly makes home visits to refugee families and transports clients to appointments as needed. Is expected to work outside regular working hours if necessary, to accommodate clients needs. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by personal motor vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions. May perform job functions at outposted locations as assigned.
Regularly required to talk and hear in person and on the telephone. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms to operate computer and other office equipment. Required to operate a personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel: Up to 50% locally
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a social service or similar field and minimum of two years of previous direct work experience in a culturally diverse environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to organize multiple client-related activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to balance the needs of the client and the employer
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner
- Must be sensitive to the service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must own a personal multi-passenger vehicle, hold a valid Tennessee Drivers License, have a good driving record, and have appropriate personal auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of immigration issues
- Experience with human services programs
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=67531&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/06/2023
- Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.