Refugee Economic Empowerment Manager (Nashville)
Refugee Economic Empowerment Manager (Nashville)
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
Reports to: Regional Economic Empowerment Program Manager
Date: Updated 5/16/23
The Economic Empowerment Manager will ensure the provision of economic empowerment services to refugees, asylees, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, and Afghan Humanitarian Parolees in metropolitan Nashville, Tennessee to help them become financially self-sufficient and build their economic futures. Under the supervision of the Regional Program Manager, the Economic Empowerment Manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities of assigned programs that include the Matching Grant Early Self Sufficiency Program, Refugee Cash Assistance, Extended Employment services, and other new programs as assigned. The manager will ensure that the goals and objectives of these programs are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget. The manager will be responsible for ensuring that all program reports and billings are complete and accurate and that the required information is collected and documented. The manager will work closely with the Regional Program Manager to monitor collaboration and teamwork among the program staff. She/he will also cultivate relationships with stakeholders and community resources.
- Understands and is aware of all aspects of the program’s contractual requirements.
- Consistently stays abreast of all aspects and any changes in the program’s contractual requirements.
- Organizes and coordinates the program’s activities in compliance with all contract and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all documentation is accurately prepared for clients by program staff.
- Identifies, contacts, and develops partnerships with appropriate employers who will provide quality employment opportunities at market rates in suitable work sites.
- Coordinates with local and state entities to ensure that all eligible refugee and immigrant clients can access public benefits and income support as needed.
- Portrays Inspiritus employment programs as a reliable staffing source.
- Ensures appropriate program enrollment for all eligible RIS clients.
- Facilitates communication between Inspiritus staff, employers, and clients after client placement to identify and help resolve any problems.
- Monitors team members to ensure that the required reporting and billing information is submitted and the monthly billings are accurate.
- Oversees the database documentation and tracking pertaining to each program, and any other data to ensure they are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Ensures that clients receive the services outlined in the contracts.
- Ensures that all services provided are properly documented and meet or exceed contract standards & guidelines.
- With the Regional Program Manager, facilitates regular monitoring of case files to ensure compliance and completion.
- Assists staff with issues or grievances that may arise with clients, the community, etc.
- The Regional Program Manager develops a tool to assess refugee and stakeholder program satisfaction. Develops and implements quality improvement plans based on the assessment.
- Helps ensure the coordination and integration of services. Coordinates program activities with related activities within the department and in other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Helps respond to monitoring and audit reports and implements required changes.
- Creates and manages partnerships and relationships with services providers, partner agencies, public systems, and state refugee coordinators’ offices to better serve clients.
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job.
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and employers.
- Assists in securing funding for current and new programs.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Advance Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Partnership & Relationship Management
- Supervises Employment Specialists, Refugee Support Specialists, and interns as assigned in the Economic Empowerment Department.
- Interviews and selects staff with input from others.
- Orients, coaches and counsels staff.
- Ensures training requirements and needs are met.
- May conduct in-service training.
- Delegates and oversees work assignments.
- Ensures case reviews are conducted at least quarterly.
- Monitors performance and adherence to Inspiritus’ mission, policies, procedures, and service philosophy.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as salary increases, promotions, disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans and terminations.
- Responsible for oversight and monitoring of program budgets.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel: Up to 25% local travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in a social service or economic empowerment-related study and a minimum of two years of previous direct work experience in economic empowerment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and a high level of cultural competence.
- Ability to balance the needs of the client and the employer.
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner.
- Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must own a personal multi-passenger vehicle, hold a valid Georgia driver’s license, have a good driving record, and have appropriate personal auto insurance.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science or economic empowerment-related study and four years of previous direct work experience in economic empowerment, human services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supervising diverse teams of staff and/or interns.
- Familiarity with major Nashville social services programs, job market, public transportation, and neighborhoods.
- Experience with human services programs.
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None is required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=77693&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: August 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.