The Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) Program at Park Center builds a community in east Nashville with adults diagnosed with mental Illnesses. All PSR staff share in assisting members to live vocationally productive and socially satisfying lives. The program participants are perceived as “members” rather than “clients” or “patients”, and they work to maintain an informal setting to reduce the psychological distance between staff and members. Staff encourage members to assume productive roles both within the psychosocial clubhouse facility and in the broader community. Coordinators provide members support through working to maintain a flexible, varied program of vocational, educational, and recreational activities. They are actively involved with the development of supported employment pathways and placements in the community and actively involved with their sustainability.
- Work with clients (“members”) to complete vocational activities.
- Work in close collaboration with staff team and members to meet goals, promote a positive work environment, and advance the quality of services provided to members of the program.
- Actively engage members, and work with and alongside members in the work-ordered day, to identify needs in the unit and the program.
- Assist members in planning out a full day’s worth of work and ensure those needs are met.
- Plan activities and perform tasks associated with the program units.
- Complete work if members are unwilling to assist.
- Identify and encourage the skills, talents, creative ideas, and efforts of each member each day.
- Participate in social/recreational activities on some weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Serve as an advisor, advocate, and resource for members. Support members’ goals to find meaningful work outside the program through IPS and supported employment.
- Participate in outreach activities aimed at engaging members in coming to the program
Values cultural competence and diversity:
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Actively engages members in designing and implementing a plan for their recovery.
- Develops and leads recovery-based activities and psychoeducational groups.
- Completes all required documentation.
- Ensures that all information in the member record is signed as required, of high quality, and clearly understood by members, other staff, and monitoring sources.
- Learns agency policies and follows them accurately.
- Attends all necessary staff meetings and training.
- Participates in member activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works in an office setting with limited remote work options. Attends community outings with members. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday work.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology, or other related field preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year of experience in a mental health or social service setting. The lived experience of being hospitalized psychiatrically or receiving mental health services is preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork in the delivery of services.
- Possess a strong desire to help others with empathy, patience, understanding, enthusiasm, and dedication.
- Demonstrate professionalism in communication, empathy, attendance, attention to accuracy follow-through teamwork, and punctuality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members and staff.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional and ethical behavior.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Must be insurable under Park Center’s automobile insurance.
How to Apply
Apply on our company page: https://parkcenternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: November 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $21.11-$22.37/hour