Reports to the Supported Housing Supervisor with responsibility for working with Supported Housing residents on psychiatric rehabilitation goals to foster independence and progress toward recovery.
Interact one-on-one and in group settings with residents:
- Forms relationships with residents by talking with residents and reading their histories and assessments in AWARDS. Socializes with residents on each shift to build rapport and a trusting, friendly bond.
- Knows the goals of each resident by reading the Service Plans or attending Service Plan meetings. Familiar with each goal and the rationale for the goal. Addresses the goals with the resident during the shift. Inform the Supported Housing Services Coordinator of additional goals as you become aware of them.
- Creates learning opportunities and teachable moments with residents to promote further knowledge and independence.
- Supervises individual residents as they take medication. Discusses the medications, the proper dosage, the time it is to be taken, etc. Educates residents about the medications they take and how to take their medication independently.
- Assists residents with daily skills such as cooking, general housekeeping, hygiene, and other activities of independent living. Trains residents to complete activities of independent living through repetition, example, and working side-by-side with them whenever possible.
- Encourages residents to participate in community activities offered by Park Center and have residents sign up on the calendar.
- Ensures the safety of all residents by checking on the residents regularly during shifts. Knows where the residents are and what they are doing throughout the shift.
- Ensures that client rights are enforced.
Provide Psychiatric Rehabilitation services in the home:
- Collaborates with Supported Housing Supervisor and Supported Housing Services Coordinator to create a weekly schedule of psychiatric rehabilitation groups.
- Facilitates daily psychiatric rehabilitation groups in the home, to include curricula such as WRAP and IMR, as well as other educational and skill-building topics.
- Engages with residents individually regarding their unique goals and utilizes the Recovery and Life Skills Tool Kit provided at the house to offer individualized education.
- Facilitates weekly menu planning group with residents, works with residents to create a grocery list, and documents in a group note.
- Works with residents to create initial Crisis Plans and annual Crisis Plan reviews with residents according to Park Center policy.
Maintain daily operation of living facilities:
- Ensures that the house is kept neat and clean by assisting residents in completing assigned chores on a daily basis, and providing education as necessary.
- Keeps linens clean and neatly organized in closets or other designated areas.
- Ensures residents’ personal food is maintained in designated areas and kept clean, organized, and in containers.
- Notifies supervisor of maintenance issues as they arise.
- Performs and documents monthly fire drills (as assigned).
- Creates operational lists for the home, including weekly grocery/supply list; weekly menu; and weekly chore list.
- Communicate important information to the Supported Housing Services Coordinator via email or phone call. Progress notes are read often but not daily; therefore, some information should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Document daily progress notes on each resident in AWARDS as well as documenting house activities in the house logbook.
- Documents when medication is given by initialing medication log, noting on the house log, and in an individual progress note.
- Completes shift change checklist at the beginning of every shift.
- Clocks in and out using the HRIS electronic system and records time on paper timesheets.
- Completes Work Plan quarterly and submits to supervisor by the deadline.
Values cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- It is intentional to increase cultural competency within the department.
Other duties as a member of Park Center Housing Staff:
- Attends staff and supervision meetings.
- Completes Essential Learning courses by deadline.
- Keeps up with current issues and correspondence by reading emails on each shift.
- Assists with housing events and extra activities as applicable.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality. Follow the policy for vacation and sick time.
- Works on either Thanksgiving or Christmas day
- Follows all Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Follow HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Follows emergency procedures (i.e.: resident crisis, injury, or weather).
- Follows On-Call procedure.
The position involves working with residents who have behavioral health concerns and who may at times exhibit behavioral issues. Potential exposure to communicable diseases including the common cold, flu, and hepatitis.
The position requires availability to work irregular hours, including evenings, overnights, and weekends.
Must be able to sit, walk, stand, twist, and bend for brief periods of time. Occasional reaching and or grasping using hand and/or arms. May be required to move or lift up to 20 pounds. May be required to ascend/descend stairs. Regular use of hands requires dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or mouse. Ability to handle disruptions due to requests from residents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field with applicable experience or
- High School Diploma or GED, with a minimum of three years experience in a mental health field
- Experience in a residential setting preferred
- Training in WRAP and IMR facilitation preferred
- Current CPR certification or willingness to pursue certification upon hire
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance
- Employee discounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
How to Apply
Apply on our company page: https://parkcenternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: $19.79-$20.98
- Working Hours: 40hrs.