Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Receptionist at our main office located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214. This position is 37-1/2 hours per week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for all visitors. The preferred candidate is responsible for establishing a welcoming, warm, and professional atmosphere for all clients and employees.
- Handles telephone calls, giving and receiving messages and general information.
- Greets clients and other guests, directing them to appropriate staff members or appropriate meeting rooms.
- Assist incoming clients with material assistance. Responsible for sorting and distributing incoming mail. Assists in posting outgoing mail when requested.
- Maintain updated electronic employee directory including phone, extension number, and email address.
- Assist employees with office equipment, i.e., fax machine, copier, and postage machine as requested.
- Have overall general knowledge of Catholic Charities programs and activities, current events, and website information.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of receptionist-type experience in a large organization.
- Knowledge and experience in modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in operating basic office equipment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A friendly, congenial, and professional manner for greeting clients and guests.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with the ability to learn new technology as needed.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions and take accurate notes and messages.
- Ability to learn programming and achieve an excellent working knowledge of telephone/entry systems.
- Dependable with regular work attendance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1884844/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Receptionist
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: August 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.