Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Reception & Placement Program Manager
Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) ethnic community-based organization dedicated to ensure refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come. The Reception & Placement (R&P) Program Manager will report to the Director of Resettlement Services. The R&P Program Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the programs through a combination of program oversight and staff supervision. The emphasis is on providing leadership and training to the program staff. This is a full time, 40+ hour position.
- Manage a team of 4-5 staff members
- Facilitate regular, re-occurring one-on-one staff supervision meetings with R&P team
- Responsible for hiring and training R&P Program staff
- Manage small load of cases and learn all aspects of R&P
- Provide support to R&P staff as needed (airport pickups, apartment set ups, doctor appointments, etc.)
- Help Develop training and training documents to ensure core service compliance, documentation, and reporting according to R&P Program Standard Operation Procedures, R&P Manual Guidelines, and directives of Resettlement Director as policies are updated or changed
- Oversee delivery of client services and the supporting documentation in the format and frequency required under the terms of our cooperative agreement
- Implement and maintain quality control processes to be prepared for audits and ensure quality service to clients
- Lead R&P weekly planning meeting and monthly Resettlement meeting
- Ensure good working relationships and clear communication with NICE’s network of stakeholders, federal, state, local government and national and local Volunteer Agency partners
- Initiate collaboration with other program managers and resettlement agencies to efficiently serve families and communicate about trends and needs within the refugee community
- Provide reports to donors, leadership and governance board as required
- Attend leadership, organizational and partnership meetings and conferences
- Meets all mandated core services and paperwork/reporting deadlines
- Assists with administrative tasks/reports affiliated with program operations
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships and effectively engage stakeholders to accomplish common goals.
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, rapid-growth, and intellectually-demanding environment.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive to evolving program needs
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute tasks while ensuring work is targeted and aligned with organizational priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to think in innovative ways and the ability to communicate with a variety of diverse audiences.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Masters preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience
- Experience in refugee resettlement preferred but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM databases and data systems
- Knowledge of current social services, employment/labor, and welfare issues and trends preferred but not required
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
- Candidates that can speak any of the following: Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Dari, Spanish, Burmese, or Nepali are preferred but not required
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 45,000-$50,000/yr.
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and PTO, health care reimbursement and 401k
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls. Applications without requested information will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Nashville International Center for Empowerment does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity/expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Date Posted: March 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/03/2023
- Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk