Caregiver Relief of Bedford County
The Caregiver Relief Program of Bedford County is seeking to hire a part-time Program Director, upon the retirement of the current Program Director, Joyce Adams, R.N. The program serves families facing the challenges of Alzheimer’s Disease in Bedford County, Tennessee. The program works directly with these families to provide caregiver respite, support, education, coaching, and encouragement.
- Provide support to Alzheimer’s families through scheduled monthly visits, as-needed consultations, and phone contacts.
- Be available for caregivers as a resource for education, coaching, and encouragement.
- Coordinate the use of available funds to provide respite for caregivers to take a break, meet their own needs, and recharge.
- Work with the Board of Directors and other volunteers to plan and conduct events and projects to support Alzheimer’s families and increase community awareness.
- Work with the Board of Directors and other volunteers to plan and conduct community fundraising efforts.
- Take the lead in identifying and securing grant funding in support of the program.
- Do basic administration of program resources and activities, supported by and accountable to the Board of Directors, maintaining the program office in a room provided by a local church in Shelbyville.
- A caring heart and desire to help families facing the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease.
- A learning mind ready to grow in the knowledge and skills needed to be effective in the role.
- A Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse is preferred.
- Experience in geriatrics, memory care, or long-term care settings would be helpful.
- An individual, motivated by the opportunity to serve others, able to work effectively to accomplish necessary tasks, with flexible hours and no direct supervision.
- This is a part-time position, about 23 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
- Salary according to qualifications and experience.
- Skill development training provided as needed in areas such as understanding Alzheimer’s disease, coaching caregivers, non-profit organizational leadership, identifying and applying for grant funding.
- Work-related travel mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
- Send resume to Board President, Charlie Williams
or 1608 North Main Street, Suite D, Shelbyville, TN 37160
- If you have questions, call Charlie at 615-406-4308
- Date Posted: June 29, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/10/2020
- Salary Range: TBD according to qualifications and experience
- Working Hours: 23 hrs/week, Flexible Schedule