Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Program Coordinator, Individual & Family Counseling and Hope
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Oversees the program functions of the Individual and Family Counseling and the Hope Counseling programs, providing day-to-day oversight and management of all activities related to clinical counseling in these programs.
- Assists the Clinical Services Director in the effective implementation of programs within the department, maintaining project timelines.
- Oversees hiring and training of program staff and interns.
- Coordinates and monitors the activities of program, ensuring that client needs are met in accordance with grant guidelines and compliant with agency policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative and clinical supervision to all program staff, conducting performance appraisals of staff under direct supervision, according to agency guidelines and established personnel policies.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Assists Department Director in preparing accurate and timely required reports.
- Ensures that all service contracts and grants are executed in accordance with the policies and procedures mandated by the funding source(s).
- Proactively forms relationships in the community (parishes, schools, Family Resource Centers, other social service organizations, etc.) to develop referral sources and identify safe community spaces for counseling sessions.
- Assists Department Director in evaluating program effectiveness in meeting the needs of those served in the programs and creating yearly program goals.
- Ensures that program staff maintains proper records and documentation; reviews Tribunal and lawyer letters.
- Assist with screening Hope referral calls to assess for appropriateness for the program and managing the program waitlist.
- Attend Community partner meetings and collaborate with community partners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Department Director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field and 3 years of management/supervisory experience; LCSW preferred.
- Substantial knowledge/experience in the field of clinical counseling, including therapy modalities used by the programs.
- Ability to supervise staff for LCSW licensure preferred.
- Knowledge/experience of human behavior, child development, and various methods of crisis counseling.
- Substantial knowledge of trauma, ACEs, and impact of trauma throughout the life span.
- Knowledge of the field of child welfare.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially for supervision and to convey knowledge.
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn additional skills as necessary.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
- Shows initiative and works well independently with minimal supervision
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients
- Ability to prepare reports, develop grant proposals, and work within established budgets.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, supervisors, and direct reports.
- Regular work attendance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Licensure or working towards LCSW license or license in a related field is required. Ability to supervise staff in obtaining their LCSW licensure is strongly preferred.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1483943/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Program-Coordinator-Individual-Family-Counseling-and-Hope
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: January 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.