Jordan Thomas Foundation
Jordan Thomas Foundation
Mission and Background:
The Jordan Thomas Foundation (JTF) returns children and adolescents to life without limitation by providing quality prostheses until adulthood, serving as a caring resource for the child and families living with limb differences, and tirelessly advocating for insurance fairness.
Founded in 2006 by Jordan Thomas after he lost both his legs below the knee in a boating accident, JTF is committed to providing kids living with limb differences access to the prostheses they need to lead active healthy lives, and the support they and their families need to navigate physical and psychological developmental challenges. We currently support over 100 JTF Kids and families across the country with high-quality prosthetic care throughout their growing years, a community of other kids and families like them, and resources and other programs to help them thrive.
To learn more visit www.jordanthomasfoundation.org.
JTF seeks an experienced and professional full-time Program Coordinator to help us continue to grow our services, the number of families we serve, and our donor base. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and will be innovative and confident in their ability to prioritize projects appropriately while seeking direction when needed. This person will have a proven track record in data and process management, event planning, marketing, and social media support as well as development functions.
The Program Manager will be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is just as at ease talking with a JTF Family as they are in interacting with JTF’s major donors and key constituents. The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, a willingness to “get the work done” and is excited to join a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As only our 2nd full-time employee, the Program Coordinator will work closely with the Program Director to ensure all aspects of the organization run smoothly. A typical workday will range from project planning and implementation to general administrative support.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Director (PD) and will manage all JTF Volunteers and Interns.
- Work closely with PD to provide excellent and thorough communication to prospective and current JTF Kids and families from initial contact, application, approval, onboarding, and assimilation to the program.
- Coordinate all travel for JTF Kids and families when visiting their prosthetist.
- Oversee all aspects of the JTF Peer-to-Peer Mentorship program including applications, matching, training, and frequent check-ins.
- Oversee all aspects of the JTF Ambassador program including applications, training, and representation opportunities.
- Work directly with PD and the Board of Directors to create and implement an Annual Marketing Plan.
- Create, edit, and update media and resources in print and online including monthly donor newsletters, website maintenance, and donation campaign mailings.
- Write and produce compelling social media posts, with an emphasis on storytelling and video content, for Instagram, Facebook, and other outlets to drive brand and donor recruitment and retention.
Data & Process Coordination
- Manage JTF CRM (Neon) including donors, recipients, grants, and prospects.
- Complete data entry and reporting for all fundraising events and campaigns.
- Process donor acknowledgment letters and receipts, pledge reminders, and other communications in a timely manner.
- Create and run reports as needed.
Special Events Support
- Support PD in the design and implementation of JTF special events including the JTF Golf Tournament, Family Reunion, and additional signature events.
- Coordinate and provide event logistics support before, during, and after events, including online registration platforms, invitation and attendee lists, sponsorship outreach and coordination, equipment and audiovisual needs, other logistical support and set-up, hospitality, refreshments, and other aspects as needed.
- Work with PD and the Board of Directors to create and implement an Annual Fundraising Plan.
- Research grant opportunities for the organization, in partnership with the PD.
- Coordinate with the PD in developing grant proposals.
- Manage the grant application and reporting process.
- Field informational emails and phone calls and ensure responses are provided in a professional and timely manner, delegating tasks to other support staff and intern staff as needed.
- Support virtual and in-person meetings, including generating and managing calendar invites, establishing virtual meeting links, making conference room reservations, providing room setup, distributing meeting materials, taking attendance, and recording minutes.
- Run errands (bank, post office, suppliers) as needed.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, JTF families/children, past and current board members, committees, partners, and funders.
The Program Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to JTF’s mission. All candidates should have proven management experience. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data entry and data management
- Experience with event management
- Experience handling confidential matters professionally and with discretion
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Adept at navigating technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress, Neon, Constant Contact, and cloud-based CRM platforms
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Space for a home office with internet connectivity (employees work locally but remotely in the Nashville area)
- Cooperative and communicative work style
- Positive and welcoming attitude and superior customer service skills
- Commitment to our organizational values including diversity, equity, and inclusion
PTO, Flexible work schedule, ability to work remotely in the Nashville area
How to Apply
Applications must be received by Friday, March 1st, 2024. Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 7, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $40,000-$48,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 9 AM-5 PM