Friends Life Community
Friends Life Community
About Us: We are a vibrant and dynamic Day Program dedicated to empowering adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live their best lives. Our team is passionate about fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive.
Your Role: As a Program Coordinator, you’ll be the heartbeat of our Day Program, orchestrating a symphony of fun and meaningful activities. Your creativity and compassion will shine as you design and implement engaging programs that cater to the unique needs and interests of our participants.
🎨 Creative Wizardry: Develop and implement a variety of stimulating and enjoyable classes, from visual and performing to life skills and community engagement, ensuring every day is filled with laughter and joy.
🤝 Community Building: Foster a sense of community by organizing outings, events, and group activities that promote social interaction and connection among participants.
🌱 Personal Growth: Work closely with participants to identify personal goals and facilitate opportunities for skill development, promoting independence and self-confidence.
🗣️ Communication Extraordinaire: Collaborate with families, caregivers, and support staff to ensure a holistic approach to participant care, keeping everyone in the loop on progress and successes.
- A genuine passion for working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for designing and implementing engaging activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational prowess to keep things running smoothly.
- Ability to adapt to the unique needs and abilities of each participant.
- Able to transport members in company-owned vehicles, including minivans and minibusses.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred, but not required
- Ability to give direction and feedback to others to accomplish program goals.
- Willingness to learn and receive feedback.
- Active demonstration of professionalism and good judgment throughout all work.
- Understand and demonstrate policies and procedures, safety procedures, and sustain certification of CPR and First Aid.
- A supportive and positive work environment.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- The chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of incredible individuals.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Date Posted: December 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/12/2024
- Salary Range: $18-$22 per hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F with hours on the evening/weekends, as events require