Provide support for the College of Leadership and Public Service while working with the graduate programs of the Institute for Sustainable Practice and the School of Public Policy at the Lipscomb Downtown Spark location.
Support students with all aspects of registration.
Coordinate and manage the graduation process for students.
Support director(s) in organizing special graduation events offered by the departments.
- List classes in the Nexus course management system and reserve classrooms.
- Schedule and coordinate classroom reservations on-campus and at the Spark learning center with the appropriate support services such as the adjunct instructor, security officers, building managers, and IT/helpdesk technology providers.
- Manage class setup and A/V per instructor’s needs. Order food when required.
- Be present on appropriate day class meets to assist with the day of A/V issues or any other classroom needs of the students and/or professors.
- Keep snacks stocked and available for classes when needed.
- Organize handouts and/or marketing materials and gifts for the first classes of each new cohort.
Manage textbook listings and purchases by coordinating with adjuncts, suppliers, and students.
Execute arrangements for student travel experiences, including transportation, hotels, group meals, course materials, and processing student fees.
Apply department scholarships and discounts to student’s accounts in the Sustainable Practice program maintaining clear communication with students, the Financial Aid Office, and the Business Office.
Maintain student and alumni data collection and preservation.
Communicate to alumni about events and information about the college.
Support recruiting as defined by the graduate director(s).
Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
Manage the requests for two downtown classrooms, coordinating with others as needed.
Responsible for submitting personal and delegated credit card expenses through the ChomeRiver credit card system.
Other duties assigned.
Education Bachelor’s Degree preferred not required based on experience
Experience 1 to 3 years
-A strong commitment to Christian higher education and particularly the work and mission of Lipscomb University
-Uncompromising ethical conduct and convictions
-Maintain a professional image at all times through actions and appearance
-Works independently and is self-motivated
-Works with others in a cooperative, collaborative manner
-Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Mac Computer or PC (Windows)
-Willing to become proficient in university software.
-Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and stay focused
-Strong attention to detail
-Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
-Positive, eager, and helpful attitude
Benefits are competitive. We offer great health care, a 403B retirement plan with a match, paid vacation, tuition discounts, many holidays, and sick time.
How to Apply
go to lipscomb.edu and search for jobs and use the words “program coordinator” as you next search
- Date Posted: August 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/05/2023
- Salary Range: $32,000 - $34,000
- Working Hours: 8:00 - 4:00