TN Performing Arts Center
TN Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
Assist in maintaining lighting equipment and electrical infrastructure as well as working on productions in our 4 theaters, support areas, and lobbies. Set up and run lighting systems for various productions and events. Working closely with internal, resident companies and touring productions to present quality arts programming and entertainment.
- Assist and support the Electrics Department with maintaining all lighting and technical equipment within the theaters.
- Assists clients in the implementation of their technical needs.
- Performs event-related lighting head responsibilities that may include stage management, electrical work, or other required areas of support.
- Supervises crew for assigned maintenance or events.
- Provides event-related technical support to supervisor.
- Ensures the safety of department-specific equipment and maintains a safe environment for our patrons, clients, and fellow employees.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of theatrical systems & equipment.
- Ability to manage staff and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of networking lighting systems
- Understanding of lighting techniques required for both live and filmed performance
- Understanding of design principles and aesthetics required for some events
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A theatrical degree or equivalent is highly desired.
- Live Streaming/lighting for video experience is recommended
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in English/Spanish
Software and Services Used:
- Computer knowledge of various software (i.e. Excel, Word, CAD…)
- In-depth knowledge of theatrical lighting control systems, electrical components and systems, and lighting design (ETC Eos, MA-dot2).
- Momentus Elite
Essential Functions and Working Conditions
The functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, dexterity (hand and finger)
- Ascending/descending stairs, climbing a ladder, pushing/pulling, lifting 50 pounds, moving/transporting 50 pounds.
- Reading complex instructions, writing reports, basic math skills, analysis/comprehension, good judgment/decision making.
- Shift work, working alone, working with others, verbal contact, in-person contact, working inside and outside.
- Working with electrical, mechanical, and pressurized equipment, moving objects, high places, fumes & odors, hazardous materials, noise, dirt and dust.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Full-time benefit package including health & welfare, 401K, paid time off, and holidays
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our career portal: https://www.tpac.org/about/employment/
- Date Posted: December 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture