PRN Night Monitor – Nashville, TN
*This is for a PRN postiion*
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people
Youth Villages’ Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand, and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities—Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee and Georgia, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children Therapy Model (Re-Ed).
- Check on the residents in set intervals to ensure that they are safe and doing what they are supposed to be doing.
- A lot of our residents have trouble at night and a Night Monitor plays an important role in the child’s life by being there to talk with them about things at night.
- The shifts run from either 10:30 pm to 6:30 am or 11 pm to 7:00 am
- Requires at least 16hrs a month with up to 20 hours in a week.
- The supervision and treatment of youth require prolonged periods of walking standing and physical agility.
- May be required to run and climb flights of stairs.
- Must be able to participate in physical interventions with youth when necessary.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Will be required to complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and CPR training.
- Applicants are required to pass an agility and strength evaluation.
- Applicants must have valid driver’s license.
$17 – $19 / hour depending on education
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Experience working with at-risk youth is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families, and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Apply on our website: https://careers-youthvillages.icims.com/jobs/19059/prn-night-monitor/job
- Date Posted: February 9, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $17 - $19 / hour depending on education