United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties
President and CEO
United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties
The President and CEO supports the mission, goals, values, and philosophy of the United Way of
Rutherford and Cannon Counties exhibit the following professional behaviors: commitment to excellence, exceeding
expectations, efficiency and effectiveness, and accountability. As the chief professional officer of the United Way of
Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ professional team, the individual’s performance includes a superior demonstration of the
following professional attributes: ethical leadership, effective communication, teamwork, and job knowledge. The
President and CEO develop and implement goals and strategies that support the mission and vision of the United Way.
The President and CEO provide overall direction and leadership for achieving these goals and for integrating and
fulfilling the vision and mission of the organization in congruence with the United Ways of Tennessee and United Way Worldwide.
- Works with the UWRCC Board of Directors and UWRCC executive staff to develop the annual and long-range goals
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with local business and community leaders to further the goals and
mission of UWRCC.
• Maintains positive working relationships with UWRCC community partners and their leadership personnel, and fosters
collaboration among United Way and community partners.
• Serves as primary spokesperson in the community for promoting a positive image of UWRCC and its ongoing mission
• Oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures within UWRCC.
• Develops the budget for UWRCC and ensures fiscal responsibility to the Board of Directors.
• Directs and manages all activities that support United Way programs in Rutherford and Cannon counties.
• Oversees all activities and policies related to UWRCC’s fundraising efforts.
• Provide periodic reports to the UWRCC Board of Directors regarding campaign goals, strategies, and impact.
• Hires, supervises, and evaluates the performance of UWRCC staff.
• Promotes career development and provides professional training, as needed, for UWRCC staff.
• Attends and positively represents UWRCC at meetings of United Ways of Tennessee and United Way Worldwide.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The President and CEO will have supervisory responsibilities for all department
leadership roles and other roles as determined in addition to indirect supervisory responsibilities for all UWRCC staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field; MBNmaster’s degree in
management or a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of ten years of experience – with a proven track record – in executive leadership, fundraising, business,
communications, public relations, program management, marketing, sales, or related fields.
• Minimum three years of supervisory responsibilities.
• Experience in developing and managing complex budgets.
• Experience in various fundraising strategies, including but not limited to, major and planned giving, special events,
corporate fundraising, workplace giving campaigns, and grants. A CFRE certification is ideal.
• Experience in managing successful organizational growth and expansion is preferred.
• Previous United Way/non-profit management experience is preferred.
• Experience working with a board of directors and volunteer committees is preferred.
• ability to manage a cross-functional team effectively
• strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
• ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals
• highly developed organizational and planning skills
• creative and detail-oriented
• highly developed oral and written communication skills
• ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• experience with CRM databases such as Andar or Salesforce is preferred
• Health Insurance
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Simple Retirement
• Holidays, Sick, Vacation, and PTO
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following items as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- References (minimum of three)
Consideration will only be given to applications submitted as outlined above. Applications submitted with multiple attachments or not including all three items listed above will not be considered. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2024.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth