Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Payroll and Human Resources (HR) Specialist provides support, with special emphasis on payroll administration, HR processes, and benefits which may include the Martha O’Bryan charter schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers payroll across all locations (MOBC, East End Prep & Explore!)
- Assists in audit and accounting efforts and executes requests for employee information in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Oversees the entire process for payroll.
- Assists with HR orientation including both employee on-boarding and separation processes in a manner that ensures legal compliance, instills positive employee relations, maintains organized employee file information and enters in all New Employee data.
- Assists with legal and financial audits, reporting obligations, and other special initiatives under the guidance of Finance Department and Chief Talen & Culture Officer
- Oversees the HRS trainings for payroll.
- Communicates with current payroll company about any payroll issues.
- Administers and explains benefits to employees; serves as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Supports the open enrollment process.
- Oversees and tracks the FMLA process.
- Answers employee inquiries; provides guidance and resolution of issues.
- Provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains human resource databases and leverages HRIS data for problem solving and planning.
- Conducts reference checks and employment verifications.
- Maintains personal and deadline calendars for HR functions.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Recommends operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Maintains employee files.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 3 years payroll experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- ADP experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, 401(k)-retirement match plan.
How to Apply
Please apply HERE
- Date Posted: May 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 50000